July 13, 2009 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] London, UK - DistributorX, the worldwide technology channel source are pleased to announce the availability of the FFEI product line, which includes the powerful new RealVue3D Desktop and RealVue3D Server versions. FFEI's RealVue3D combines a high level of simulation with unique 3D technology to enable printers and creative professionals to convert any multi-page PDF into a stunning and interactive three dimensional visualisation. RealVue3D dramatically improves the communication, time and sales effectiveness of job pitching and print expectation.
"DistributorX are constantly on the look out for solutions that will be valuable to customers in the design, print and publishing industries," states Rachel Keenan, DistributorX Channel Manager. "We are excited to add RealVue3D to our range of solutions because we feel this product is a tremendous asset for anyone involved in any type of publishing production."
RealVue3D's advanced interactive technology means users and their client(s) can turn pages, test folds, rotate viewing angles and zoom in and out of detail to feel and sense how products will look when printed. The print simulations can then be emailed directly to the client or uploaded straight to the web for viewing and interaction online, without the need for specialist software or skills. Whether viewed from a Macintosh or a PC, RealVue3D print simulations will add the competitive edge to design concept presentations.
Product features include:
* Email RealVue3D simulations to cleints
* Automatic HTML creation for easy upload and interaction on any web page
* Showcase multiple concepts in the unique carousel
* Add logos and branding to personalise your RealVue3D simulations
* Control paper thickness and finish (gloss/matt) page by page
* Design and simulate complex folds * bi-folds, tri-folds, gate-fold and many more
* Spot varnish simulation page by page
* Automatically manage printers' and readers' spreads
* Split Editor feature to create variable page sizes
* Incredible Special Effects to simulate complex print finishes
* Embossing and deboss
* Metallic foils - gold, silver, bronze and custom colours
* Iridescent Inks
* Cut-outs and cut-ins
* Paper texture and colour
* Mask Editor allows the import and export of masks from or to other image editing applications
RealVue3D also allows the user to import multiple PDFs/designs into one RealVue3D simulation and dynamically rotate through and switch between the Java job files. This capability allows the demonstration of a full marketing campaign, or simply the ability to visualise and compare more than one concept of any given design.
"FFEI's innovative 3D print simulation software, RealVue3D, appeals to a broad range of companies and professionals, spanning many different market sectors. As such, FFEI were looking for a partner who could supply this comprehensive product to a wide range of distribution channels across the UK and Ireland," offers Mick Lister, Business Manager for Software, FFEI Ltd. "DistributorX have an extensive network of active resellers in the corporate, commercial, print, publishing and graphic design industries, making them the perfect choice to partner with FFEI. We are confident this partnership will be successful and enable us to communicate the many benefits of RealVue3D to an expanded potential customer base." A server-based version of RealVue3D has been introduced to allow multiple users to create 3D simulations from anywhere on the network via template based hotfolders. Each hotfolder can be set up with its own unique simulation template for fast and accurate "Virtual Finishing".
Process improvements by using RealVue3D Desktop and RealVue3D Server are:
* Eliminate the need for paper mock-ups
* Experiment with creative concepts, effects, folds and print finishing
* Streamline the approval and communication process
* Remove intermediate proofing stages
* Achieve faster concept selection by clients
* Add more value by simulating finishing effects without going to press
* Use of RealVue3D at press side or bindery side via monitors to eliminate making copies for each
* Quicker turnaround, faster cycle times because couriers are not required to transport hardcopy
proofs to customers
By using the server edition to create 3D print simulations, users will benefit from reduced production costs associated with creation and delivery of digital proofs, better cash flow due to shorter invoice time and an overall reduction in environmental impact. For more information on the FFEI product line, email info call on 44 (0)0870 458 3414 during UK business hours.
DistributorX (DX) distribute products to a wide range of resellers in the corporate, commercial, print, publishing and graphic design channels and are authorised distributors for Enfocus, Markzware and Quark Systems. DX represent more than 100 prepress and extended technology vendors of PDF and workflow solutions, QuarkXTension(R) solutions; InDesign(R), Acrobat(R), Illustrator(R)and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other complementary utilities. Additionally DX distribute 3D design solutions, colour management tools and system and font utilities. DistributorX provides registered resellers with full access to the complete range of DX products and secure online ordering.
DistributorX Ltd specialise in the supply of software and other creative tools to the resale channel in the UK and Ireland. The company distribute products to more than 500 resellers in the corporate, commercial, print, publishing and graphic design channels and are an authorised distributor for Quark Systems Ltd, PANTONE, Enfocus Software and Markzware. DistributorX represent more than 100 extended technology vendors of QuarkXTension(R) solutions; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other complementary utilities. Additionally DistributorX offer a growing range of accessories for the digital lifestyle market. DistributorX are headquartered in Central London. DistributorX provides registered resellers with full access to product information, system requirements, special promotions, online ordering and many more features.