February 9, 2014 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Moscow, Russian Federation - Roman Arkharov, independent indie developer, is pleased to announce Tetcolor 2.0.5 for the iOS platform. The idea to create one more "tetris for mobile devices" might seem ridiculous, because iTunes is filled with games of the same genre. Nevertheless he was pushed to this decision by the fact that he couldn't find any satisfactory version of this game for iOS. The requirements were simple, the application:
* Should be free (or ready to buy)
* Cannot contain ads
* Should have intuitive controls
* Should have classic gameplay without intricate game modes and elements which destroy the gameplay (in-game bonuses, bombs etc) - Tetcolor should stay tetcolor and not turn into faceless arcade with shots and explosions
Any good idea won't have any chance for success unless it is founded on handy and intuitive controls in the game. In his opinion intuitive controls look the following way. Horizontal swipe in any part of the screen moves the figure, moreover in order to move a figure by several cells you don't need to make several swipes; one swipe moves the figure until you release it. Vertical swipe in any part of the screen should drop the figure, tap/rotate the figure.
Tetcolor contains 4 game types:
* Classic Tetcolor - figures of different shapes consisting of from 1 up to 3 blocks, when rotating the figures rotate around their axis
* Tetcolor Columns - figures are vertical columns consisting of 3 blocks, when rotating the sequence of blocks inside the column is changed
* Tetcolor MEGA - the same as Tetcolor but the game field is 6 times bigger
* Classic Tetris
For every game type 3 game modes are available:
* Classic - standard figures and increasing game speed
* Relax - standard figures and fixed speed with opportunity to choose game speed before start
* Crazy - crazy figures and increasing game speed
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 5.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tetcolor classic 2.0.5 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. The game supports all modern mobile devices based on iOS.
Roman Arkharov is an independent developer. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Roman Arkharov. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.