February 21, 2014 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Dusseldorf, Germany - Your very own secure file sharing tool! Dropshare is a menu bar app that enables you to drag & drop upload files, screenshots and even directories to your own server to share them with anyone you like!
No longer have your shared files on servers provided by companies you don't even know - easily set up Dropshare and share whatever file you like by only drag & dropping it on the menu bar icon, securely saved on your own server.
To have Dropshare working correctly, you need to have a server of your choice and a working SSH user account at your disposal. Dropshare works with Secure Copy (SCP over SSH), therefore either a password (for keyboard authentication) or a private key (for public key authentication), as well as a web server set up to serve the uploaded files is required.
All features at a glance:
* Easy file sharing with your own server
* Login (SCP over SSH) via password (keyboard authentication) or private key (public key authentication)
* Uploads every file and even directories (which will be compressed prior uploading)
* Optionally automatically uploads screenshots taken with OS X and copies the sharing URL to your clipboard
* History of recent uploads including preview images in the drop down menu
* Optionally enable landing pages for each upload, which shows a preview image if possible and displays the file size prior downloading
Dropshare is a smart alternative to cloud-based file sharing providers, with privacy and security in mind.
* OS X 10.8 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dropshare 2.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Dropshare is made by Timo Josten, an individual software developer from Germany. Copyright (C) 2014 Timo Josten. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.