February 25, 2014 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Naperville, Illinois - Twocanoes Software has announced the release of Boot Runner 1.6. Boot Runner provides complete start up management and control for dual-boot Macs, including a customizable startup screen and menu bar boot selector. Boot Runner Version 1.6 includes support for Windows EFI mode and various bug fixes. Boot Runner requires OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
A support package is available that includes two years of technical support and maintenance, access to priority technical support and all minor and major upgrades.
Boot Runner 1.6 Feature Highlights:
* Startup control for dual-boot Macs
* Support for EFI mode with Boot Camp Windows 8/8.1
* Management of startup behavior by schedule
* System Preference panel for local configuration of Boot Runner startup screen display options
* Set startup behavior and selection screen display through policy
* Select restart from desktop without requiring account authentication
* Countdown display of restart in startup selection screen
* Customizable look and feel of startup selection screen
* Manage startup behavior with network policies
* Integrate startup settings with existing client management tools
* Detailed disk information in Boot Runner menu bar
* Remotely select and start up into Mac or Windows operating systems
* Show or hide startup volumes in selection screen
* Display unmounted startup disks in selection screen
* Customize displayed background, volume names and descriptions
* Collect analytics on startup events
* Language support for Japanese, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
"We are delighted to include support for EFI mode Windows Boot Camp with Boot Runner 1.6," said Twocanoes Software's Timothy Perfitt. "Managing startup control for dual-boot Macs has never been easier."
A 14-day trial version of Boot Runner 1.6 is available at website.
* Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Pricing and availability:
Boot Runner is $9.99 (USD) for an Individual License, $349.00 for a Lab License and $699.00 for a Lab Plus Support and Maintenance license and are all available through the Twocanoes website. Site Licenses are also available. Review copies of Boot Runner are available on request.
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2014 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.