July 27, 2009 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Orlando, FL - CampSoftware today released version 1.4.1 of FMSmallBusiness (FMSB) which includes thirty one updates. The majority of the updates were items requested by users including the 'Copy to Clipboard' items and 'Common Documents' features making referring to text and documents simple. Videos and Screenshots are available including screenshots of the updated iPhone interface. FMSmallBusiness is a FileMaker based database great for managing the contacts, calendars, invoice, and more for small businesses.
CampSoftware is excited to release this version of FMSmallBusiness (FMSB). FMSB is a complete solution, specifically designed for small businesses. Now you can easily track and manage all your contacts as well as your entire calendar of events and activities. FMSB also integrates your documents, schedules, projects, letters, invoices, and more. FMSB is a cross platform database which runs on Mac and Windows using the award winning FileMaker Pro database platform.
The new feature, 'Copy to Clipboard', makes it simple and easy to store clippings of text as well as providing fast access. Once the clippings are added, it is possible to choose the 'Copy to Clipboard' menu item from the FMSB menu. A window will appear where a snippet of text can be copied to the clipboard for pasting where needed.
Similarly, the 'Common Documents' feature makes it easy to either export or email documents. It works in a similar manner except that you can choose one or more documents to be exported or emailed. Imagine not having to constantly hunt for the documents that you need to email!
There's much, much more that has been added to this version. The full details have been posted to the FM Small Business Version History page. The link can be found below.
What is FMSmallBusiness?
FMSmallBusiness (FMSB) is a complete solution for running a small business that tracks Contacts, Calendars, Schedules, Activities, Projects, Documents, Letters, Products, Invoices, and more. Think of it as a CRM (customer relationship manager) with more power.
Can I access my data on Mac or Windows?
FMSmallBusiness is a cross platform solution built using the award winning FileMaker Pro database platform. You can run it on Mac, Windows, or a combination of both. We've designed it to work as either a single or multiple user solution on up to 250 workstations.
Do you have an iPhone?
FMSB also provides a web based iPhone interface to Contact and Calendar Events data. In addition, desktop and web based address books and calendars can be updated via vCards and vCal subscriptions also available for iPhone syncing.
What are the benefits?
We developed FMSB to run our own business. In fact, we run the latest version ourselves as we believe in 'eating our own dog food'. Using this approach, we are able to make the product better simply by using it. We think FMSB is the best solution to run a small business. Here are a few benefits:
* Customizable - FMSB is built on FileMaker Pro and developed from the start with individual customizing in mind. FMSB has a 'main' file and a 'custom' file. The custom file is designed in an open fashion so that anyone with FileMaker experience can make changes or even add functionality.
* Shared Contacts - Access your Contacts in one centralized location. When you change the details for a contact, everyone in your company will benefit from the updated information.
* Shared Calendar - Calendar events function in a similar manner as Contacts. Whenever an event is edited, the changes are automatically made for everyone in your company.
* Projects & Activities - FMSB makes task management easy because it has the ability to store your activities with the option of assigning them to a project - Great when it's billing time! Projects and Activities can be assigned to a contact and staff member It can also include billable items, such as labor, attached for later invoicing.
* Income Catching - Track your time and and stop loosing income by tracking your time and items using FMSB's built in Timers, Activities, and Events.
* Invoices & Products - FMSB has built in Invoicing as well as a Products modules which can help with reordering levels.
* Shared Documents - In many small businesses, you have documents that are related to your contacts and activities. FMSB has the same functionality. Each contact or activity can store as many documents and letters as you'd like--And they can be accessible to everyone in your company.
* Mail/Email Merging - Track all correspondence with your contacts. We've created easy to use Document generation and Merging assistants to make document storage simple.
* Data Availability - Access your data at your desk, on the road, or on your phone. Your data can be accessed via your computer anywhere in the world via the internet over a secure connection. Plus you can use your iPhone to access Contacts an Events.
* Desktop Integration - Easily update your contact and calendar data to Mac OS X's Address Book and iCal. FMSB can create a vCard for your contacts and iCal subscriptions for your calendars. Any application that support vCard and vCal files can use the data.
CampSoftware is a team of FileMaker Developers located in Orlando, FL USA which has been providing FileMaker consulting services since 1991. CampSoftware holds FileMaker Certifications in versions 7, 8, and 9. FileMaker Pro is a registered trademark of FileMaker, Inc.