Springy 1.5.5 Archiving Utility Released
August 6, 2009 in Utility
[prMac.com] 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands - Springy 1.5.5 is a simple and elegant, yet powerful archiving utility for Mac OS X. Springy integrates seamlessly with the Finder and includes some incredibly useful features.
At a glance, users have the ability to see the contents of an archive or disk image without being forced to extract any file from it, add, and/or extract files of choice from an existing archive or disk image, as well as previewing them. All archiving tasks can be done via Drag and Drop using Finder-alike application or through Springy's Finder contextual menu.
This makes Springy an excellent archiving utility, particularly where ease of use is desired. If you can find your way through bunch of files in Finder, you would do so in Springy in matter of seconds:
Springy Features at a glance:
* Open and browse the contents of an archive or disk image without being forced to extract any file from it.
* Quickly extract all files or only files of choice from an archive or disk image.
* Modify the contents of an existing archive or disk image on the fly: add, overwrite, delete and rename files in the archive or disk image.
* Full Drag & Drop support for archiving and extracting from and into Mac OS X Finder.
* Edit and modify any file in an archive or disk image by double click.
* Live preview of many types of files inside archive, without extracting.
* Archiving and extracting tasks may be accomplished quickly and efficiently using Finder contextual menu.
* Browsing files in archives and disk images and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical Finder contextual menu.
* Support for all most widely used archiving and compression formats: ZIP, TAR, RAR, PAX, CPIO, CPGZ, GZIP, BZIP2, UNIX Compress, SIT, JAR and DMG and ISO disk images. Support for more will come in future releases.
New in version 1.5.5:
* Full interoperability with popular Path Finder application. Springy contextual menu commands are again available in Path Finder (contextual menu plug-in only).
* Option to show Springy contextual menu in the root of the Finder contextual menu, or in a standard "More" submenu, like Apple intended (contextual menu plug-in only).
* Faster response when pausing and cancelling creation and modification of archives (especially noticeable with compressed TAR, PAX and CPIO archives).
* Fixed bug which caused false recognition of some rare ZIP archives as RAR archives and subsequent erroneous processing.
* Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later for Macintosh computers with Intel processor
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later for Macintosh computers with PowerPC processor
* Macintosh with PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor or any Macintosh computer with Intel processor
* Minimum 256 MB of RAM
* Minimum 20 MB free space on hard disk (for both application and Contextual Menu plug-in)
Pricing and Availability:
The price for Springy starts at $19.95 (USD) for single license, $24.95 for family license and $34.95 for site license. The quantity discount is available for site licenses. These prices include both Springy application and Contextual Menu plug-in. Users can enjoy Springy in almost its full functionality for free; it will never expire, with no reminders to register. By licensing Springy, support further development and improvements. Licensed users take priority in support and feature requests.
To use Springy application with archives bigger than 50MB in size, or archives that contain more than 500 files or folders, and to browse archive or disk image using Finder Contextual Menu plug-in , users need to purchase and license the application.
Located in 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands, Dragan Milic has been developing personal productivity software solutions since 2003. With a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction, Dragan is committed to providing the highest quality software.
+31 (0)65 460 8572