August 18, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Lewiston, Maine - Advenio LLC is delighted to announce MacGourmet 2.4.1, an update to their popular cooking and recipe organizer for Mac OS X, and special pricing to celebrate its 5th anniversary. MacGourmet allows Mac-loving cooks to quickly and easily organize their recipes, wine, and cooking notes, all using a Mac-friendly user interface that is both familiar and easy to use.
Think of MacGourmet as "iTunes for Recipes". Easily browse an entire collection, or build custom lists for categories, such as appetizers or desserts. MacGourmet also includes web publishing, clipping from web pages, and web site importing. To celebrate 5 years, you can use the coupon code MG5YEAR at the online store from August 19 thru August 22 to save $10 off the regular price of $24.95 (USD).
Additionally, MacGourmet offers enhanced extensibility through the use of optional plug-ins. These allow you to add features, such as meal planning, nutritional analysis and cookbook building. To celebrate 5 years, existing MacGourmet users can use the coupon code MGPLUG5YEAR at the online store from August 19 thru August 22 to get all 3 plug-ins for $14.95.
Finally, a bundle that includes MacGourmet and all 3 plug-ins can be purchased from August 19 thru August 22 using the coupon code MG5YEARBUNDLE for only $29.95 (USD) from the online store, a savings of $25 off the regular bundle price.
MacGourmet also offers the following features:
* Publish collections to MobileMe and WebDAV accounts
* Flexible options for printing recipes, including printing on index cards
* Easy import of recipes found on the web using clipping, drag and drop and cut and paste
* One-step recipe importing from many popular recipe sites
* A sample recipe pack for first time users of 80 recipes
* Shopping list export to HandyShopper and SplashShopper on a PDA, or to iPod
* An extra large Chef's view for preparing recipes in the kitchen
* Import of MasterCook, MasterCook Mac and Meal-Master recipes
* Flexible recipe scaling
* Metric conversion
* Many ways to search; including the recipe box search field, find, cupboard find and potluck find
* Smart lists that keep themselves updated automatically
* Chef's Reference of commonly used cooking information
* Support for MacGourmet touch for iPhone
* Support for English, Danish, French, German and Italian
MacGourmet is available for download as a free demo that can be used 20 times before expiring. During each session, every feature can be used, with limits only on the number of times an action can be utilized during each session.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 15.5 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet connection
Pricing and Availability:
MacGourmet 2.4.1 can be normally be purchased for $24.95 (USD), or by using the built-in purchasing module. A full-featured, trial version can be downloaded from macgourmet.com. This version 2.4.1 release is a free and recommended update for all customers.
Located in Lewiston, Maine, Advenio, LLC is an independent software vendor founded by Michael Dupuis in 2001. With a focus on the Mac platform, Michael founded Advenio with the intention of developing unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2001-2009 Advenio, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.