August 20, 2009 in Finance (E)
[prMac.com] Charlotte, NC - TuringStudios is proud to announce the release of ChartLive, a new and powerful stock charting application for the serious amateur investor. For the first time ever an iPhone user can design technical charts in our trademark ChartDesigner, store those designs away and then apply the designs to any symbol with a quick tap.
"We really designed ChartLive to appeal to the technical analysts out there", said Andy Sharp, Software Architect for Turing Studios. "But we made it easy enough to use that almost anyone who is interested in the market will have a lot of fun creating custom charts and conducting market research. And users love the large high resolution charts they can view in landscape mode with pinch, zoom and pan functionality"
ChartsLive is a powerful stock charting tool that displays beautiful technical charts for all your symbols as well as stock quotes and index values for many major exchanges: NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, FTSE and TSX and many more. Users can build up an unlimited number of custom portfolios of symbols that they are interested in and add up to 100 symbols per portfolio.
ChartsLive is the only chart tool for the iPhone/iPod platform with an integrated ChartDesigner that allows you to design your charts once and then apply them to various symbols easily. Looking for a MA cross over on the 3 month chart? Well you can set that up once in the ChartDesigner and save it away. ChartsLive also comes with pre-installed portfolios like the Dow, FTSE or TSE so users can jump in and start charting some popular symbols right away.
"User response has been really good, and early adopters are comparing ChartsLive to established desktop or web apps they have used in the past", said Andy Sharp. "It's flattering and we are very happy we can deliver a great full featured charting tool that our users can access wherever and whenever. Stay tuned for a lot of cool updates.".
Here are just a few of the amazing features of ChartsLive 1.1:
* View technical charts in stunning detail, with pinch/zoom and scroll
* Rotate your iPhone for a widescreen charting experience
* Use the heads up display to control chart parameters
* Design your technical charts, name them, and save the designs!
* Includes pre-built Portfolios for the Dow 30, Nasdaq 100, FTSE and TSX indices.
* Pick a chart design and then scroll through the indices above with 1 tap per symbol
* Market Data Engine with delayed quotes for dozens of US and international exchanges.
* Integrated News Reader with article preview and full article display in the app
* Keep notes on each symbol for later referral
* Stock and index quotes for the major US exchanges (NASDAQ, AMEX and NYSE as well as OTC/PK)
* Extended data for each symbol including Volume, Prev. Close, Open, Highs, Lows, Dividends, EPS and much more.
* Support for international stocks like the FTSE or TSX via Yahoo Finance (delayed)
* Fast, crash free performance (check out our reviews).
* Ability to control the frequency of quote updates so you can balance update speed with battery consumption.
* Supports Bar, Line or Candle styles
* Supports Range (1 Day, 5 Day, 3 Month, 1 Year, 2 Year, 5 Year)
* Supports Indicators (MACD, RSI, MFI, ROC, Slow Stochastic, Fast Stochastic, Volume, Volume MA, W%R)
* Supports Overlays (Bollinger Bands, Parabolic SAR, Splits, Volume)
* Supports Moving Averages (Simple and Exponential, 5-200 Period)
* Supports comparing to other stocks or the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P indices
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
* Internet connectivity
Pricing and Availability:
ChartsLive is available world wide via the AppStore (see the App Store for pricing details).
Turing Studios is an innovative software development company operating out of Charlotte, NC. Along with ChartsLive we also publish our category leading PortfolioLive app which allows users to completely manage their investments on the go. We have a number of products in the works and recently we also developed ClayTracker, a complete scoring system for clay shooting sports for ExpoGo of Wilmington, NC. Copyright 2009 Turing Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.