October 6, 2014 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Pompton Plains, New Jersey - Acuity Games today is proud to announce the release of Arrows Away, a new Universal iOS app that is the 15th game in their growing line-up of brain health assessment based brain games. Arrows Away is played by swiping in the direction faced by the most arrows in each round of the game. Rounds can have the same difficulty, or have an increasing number of arrows and/or larger grid sizes. Finish the last round with enough correct swipes to win the game. Arrows Away allows you to create new games with a configurable number of arrow directions, grid sizes, number of rounds, and number of correct swipes needed to win the game, providing games that are fun and challenging for players of all skill levels.
Like all Acuity Games apps, Arrows provides revolutionary brain health assessment that can help improve brain health and fight dementia. Research from the University of Cambridge estimates that one in three cases of Alzheimer's disease worldwide is preventable through brain-healthy behaviors. By measuring long-term changes to brain health, players can verify that their lifestyle choices are maintaining brain health. When brain health problems occur, brain health assessment can provide an early warning, allowing players to take corrective action sooner.
"We are extremely proud of Arrows Away, the next step in our drive to reinvent brain games," said Dan Hansen, founder of Acuity Games. "And we're not slowing down; we expect to release our next two brain games later this month."
Acuity Games' current lineup of brain games includes:
* Arrows Away: Swipe in the direction faced by the most arrows
* Concentration: Match sets of hidden letters, numbers or shapes
* Deja Vu: Try to remember which tiles you've seen before
* Edge Match: Match scrambled square puzzle tiles using colors and patterns
* Flash 2: The classic game of Simon Says using flashes and sounds
* Grid Guru: Tap tiles to repeat increasingly complex patterns
* Matchematics: Match sets of unsolved math expressions
* Number Cruncher: Swipe math expressions toward the right answer
* Rounders: Slide zeros to outside edges, and match numbers on inside edges
* Shape Shift: Match shapes before they shift positions
* Sudoku: Match every row, column, and 3x3 sub-grid with the numbers 1 to 9
* Total Recall: Memorize words and attempt to recall them later
* Word Crunch: Find words before the letter tiles get crunched
* Word Hunt: Trace adjacent letters to form words of three letters or more
* Word Warrior: Form words from previously highlighted lettered tiles
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 7.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Acuity Games: Arrows Away 9.10 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.
Acuity Games is reinventing brain games with a revolutionary model of brain health assessment. The best way to improve brain health and prevent dementia is healthy lifestyle choices. And the best way to improve the brain health results of lifestyle choices is to measure changes to brain health. Acuity Games - A Scale for Your Brain. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Acuity Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.