October 27, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Cupertino, California - Whether it's World War Z on the big screen or The Walking Dead on the small screen, zombies are pretty popular these days - and more than a few developers are racing to get their piece of the action by launching what turns out to be pretty ordinary, unoriginal or sometimes just plain stupid apps that even zombies themselves would find embarrassing.
However, once in a long while something truly unique hits the virtual shelves and reminds us that perfection happens when dazzling creativity and masterful storytelling collide. And the latest zombie-inspired example of this level of brilliance is 60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game from Hybrid Media LLC. Available at no-cost for both iOS and Android devices, 60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game plucks users out of their ordinary life and drops them into a murky, forbidding and degenerating world where a deadly infection is running rampant, and zombies are multiplying.
Users need to use their intelligence and intuition to decide the fate of four people - Gavin, Brandi, Ted and Lucy - and help them stay alive and reach Norad to find the truth. Their reward for success is survival; the consequences for failure are rotting eyes and flesh, and the ushering in of a zombie-riddled apocalyptic nightmare beyond comprehension. As noted, 60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game's cast of characters include four extremely well-developed characters, each with a unique personality, realistic and compelling back story, set of strengths, and indeed, range of weaknesses:
* Gavin, whose effortless smile and easy-going personality have given way to a grave, serious demeanor that some say is due to his time in the Special Forces; an experience that he won't talk about.
* Brandi, who like many children sang, danced and dreamed of seeing her name in the bright lights of Hollywood or New York - but, after the devastating loss of her parents, found herself heading down a devastating path filled with one tragedy after another.
* Ted, a good old fashioned charmer who could wiggle his way out of anything - that is, until a brush with the law made him realize that there are better ways to achieve his increasingly lavish desires.
* Lucy, who spent years of her childhood trying to live up to her father's impossibly high expectations - until his death sent her in a spiral of depression, instability and perhaps sooner or later, madness and mania.
Other 60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game special features include:
* Brilliant comic book-inspired artwork
* Various goals assigned to each player
* A color-coded "survival rate" chart
* A pause/resume option
* A high scores list
"Are the people who inhabit this dangerous and dark world walkers, zombies or some other form of the undead? This is just one of the questions that users will need to answer as they immerse themselves in 60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game," commented Reid Sheppard of Hybrid Media LLC. "It's a powerful blend of tension, terror, thrills, excitement and imagination, and it promises to keep users engaged late into the night as they experience the struggle and adventure of four people who are fighting to stay alive!"
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 27.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
60 Days Alive - Zombie Story Game 1.5, the new no-cost app that is a perfect blend of dazzling creativity and masterful storytelling, is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
Located in Cleveland, Ohio, Hybrid Media LLC are a mobile app company focused on creating a variety of apps from fitness to games. They are best known for WODBOX, an app used by millions of CrossFit athletes, and have been building mobile apps for over 6 years. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Hybrid Media LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.