October 28, 2014 in Disk Cataloging (E)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 6.6 (formerly known as CDFinder). The new version is certified for Yosemite, supports iCloud Drive, and is much faster with RAW files and archives, and much more. NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard disks, USB sticks, server disks, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and reads a lot of metadata during cataloging, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, albums, and more.
New Features in NeoFinder 6.6:
* NeoFinder 6.6 is certified to run in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
* Cataloging of modern RAW photos is now up to three times faster
* NeoFinder now catalogs a text preview of the content of PDF files
* A new Photo Contact Sheet generates beautiful PDF files from your photos
* New Importer for Delicious Library XML Export files
* New Importer for SuperCat (Windows) ".idx" catalog files
* Cataloging of MKV, WMV, AVI, and FLV video files now works better and faster if you have ffmpeg installed (especially in Mavericks and Yosemite)
* NeoFinder 6.6 can catalog the iCloud Drive in Yosemite
* NeoFinder 6.6 can use the iCould Drive in Yosemite to store its database folder
* Several Importers (ADC, BRU, Cache-A, DiskCatalogMaker) and Archive readers (zip, rar, tar) now have a massively improved performance, especially for very large files
* NeoFinder now generates thumbnails for PowerCADD CAD files (.pc9 format)
* NeoFinder now catalogs the ISRC data in WAV files
* After cataloging or updating, a User Notification is displayed in the Notification Center (Mac OS X 10.8 and above)
* The maximum pixel size for thumbnails is now 640
* Printing the Icon View now adds a nice header on each page
* The Find Editor has two new File Kinds you can search for: 'RAW' and 'Media File'
*I t is now possible to delete multiple schedules in the AutoUpdater at once
* Deployment of NeoFinder in Multi-User environments is now much easier, as the NeoFinder data folder can now be located in /Library/Application Support/
* New List View columns for height, width and duration of media items
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, and text files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 60,000 customers in 95 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10 Mavericks
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions still available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.6 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2014 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.