November 3, 2014 in OS X Development (E)
[prMac.com] Hengchun, Taiwan - Ohanaware Co., Ltd. today is proud to announce the immediate availability of App Wrapper 3, a brand new version of their popular App Store preparation tool. App Wrapper was designed to simplify the process of preparing applications for submission to the Mac App Store and deploying on web sites.
App Wrapper features a GUI for adding the required App Store properties, creating high resolution icons, code signing an application (and it's components), correcting the permissions of files within the bundle, placing an app into a App Sandbox and packaging it in a signed installer or creating a zip file.
App Wrapper includes support for creating a custom Apple About Box, adding UTIs & URL Aliases, supporting document packages, adding high resolution document icons, providing Apple compatible help books, container migration, removing unneeded languages, outdated architectures or left over development files.
Featuring the latest iteration of the Xojo script generator, App Wrapper creates quicker Xojo scripts; that can be integrated into Xojo projects, enabling Retina & Sandboxed applications during the development process, all while providing support for Xojo's debugger. It severally reduces development time when debugging Retina or Sandboxing issues.
Now includes "Pre-Build" scripts, which provide feedback information to the Xojo IDE about the intended deployment destination (such as building for the App Store or App Sandbox).
Some of the new features include; Application Reports, providing detailed information on the application and its sub components. Cleaning functions for providing slimmer apps. Testing functions for Gate Keeper (without having to upload/download files). Installer testing and verification. Faster Xojo Scripts & new Pre-Build script. Brand new permissions correction engine. New version number correction system. Retina asset verification.
App Wrapper 3 Version Changes:
* Performance improvements when opening App Wrapper and applications within App Wrapper
* Brand new cleaner interface design
* Yosemite compatible
* Version 3 of Ohanaware's Code Sign engine, conforming to the latest Code Sign requirements
* New Permissions Correction engine, reducing potential permissions related errors
* New Version Number correction engine, aimed at reducing compatibility issues
* New Fine Grained control over files within the application bundle
* New Installer Tester & validator, for Apple installer packages
* New Quarantine tester, allows Gate Keeper verification without uploading/downloading files
* Improved Xojo Scripts are faster than before
* New Pre-Build Xojo Script, notifies Xojo if the application is being built for the Mac App Store and/or is Sandboxed
* Apple Help Book generator, converts HTML folders in to the Apple Help Book format
* Improved XHTML Validator
* Improved Apple About Box editor
* New Open application window, allows selection of running applications
* New Apple Script Entitlement editor, extracts available Access Groups and supports the legacy entitlement
* Improved UTI editor, can extract UTI information from a selected file
* Retina asset checking (for missing low resolution or high resolution files)
New Application examination engine:
* Delves into the application bundle looking for nested code
* Highlights if nested code is known to cause a rejection
* Displays which libraries/frameworks code links against
* Displays UUID & Architectures of contained code
* Displays the Info.plist file of the bundle
* Displays the Sandbox entitlements of the bundle
* Displays suspected development tool
* Displays the code signature and Gate Keeper validation status
New cleaning functions:
* Remove files by file extension
* Remove unneeded languages, no matter where in the bundle they are
* Remove Architectures (such as PowerPC, Intel 32-Bit or Intel 64-Bit)
* Remove Resource Forks, ACLs, xattrs & Quarantine file meta data
App Wrapper 3 requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Due to Apple's Code Signing requirements) and Xcode 6 (also due to Code Signing requirement). App Wrapper 3 is Yosemite compatible.
Pricing and Availability - App Wrapper 3 uses Paddle as the payment processor with 3 pricing options:
$49.99 - 1-Year Update Plan (discounted to $29.99 until the end of November, *1)
$9.99 - 30-Day Pay As You Go (*2)
$199.99 - 1-Year Small Team Update Plan (*3)
* 1 allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
* 2 allows 3 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer operates until a new term is purchased.
* 3 allows 13 concurrent activations. At the end of the term, application no longer receives updates.
Based in Hengchun, Taiwan, Joy Sha & Sam Rowlands have been building top ten, award winning apps since '06. Their most notable applications include Funtastic Photos, which set the benchmark for modern photo editing. HDRtist and HDRtist Pro which has over 100,000 users world wide. App Wrapper, which is the #1 third party product to help developers prepare their apps for the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2006-2014 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.