November 3, 2014 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] The Hague, Netherlands - Announcing that Go Independent Records has now made major changes to their successful iOS app Drum Loops HD (iPad, iPhone and iPod touch). It has been updated to version 2.0 and is in fact now the only real live played (and purpose recorded for iOS) drum loops and fills library released in Apple Loops format, making it possible for Garageband users to copy/paste any loop or fill into GB and changing the tempo as they wish. The loops will maintain their sound quality and feel and it will feel like having a live studio drummer at your fingertips!
And of course all users of other digital audio workstation on IOS keep all functionality to copy and paste wav files to their fav daw. Furthermore, Inter App Audio support is now built in, Audiobus has been updated to the last version, the app has a completely new design and is optimized for iOS 8 (IOS 7 also supported).
Furthermore Drum Loops HD is a perfect tool for musicians to use as a play along device, for teaching purposes (imagine having your bass guitar student exercising playing with a real grooving drummer, right in your iPhone!) and users around the globe have attested to the great feel and sound of the recorded loops. G.I. Records is a slim and fast operating company that wants to know what users want and most previous updates or releases were based on user feedback.
The user will find loops and fills in 12 music styles, a new chapter was also added with an insight into the soon to be released Drum Loops HD 2 app. Go Independent Records has since the initial release of Drum Loops HD kept track of user feedback and requests. The content of Drum loops HD 2 (release expected first quarter 2015) will be based on grooves and fills requested by early adopters all around the world! Expected styles include (a.o.) country loops, bossa novas, loops played with hotrods, new pop loops, jazz waltz etc. etc.
Where most other apps offer only programmed drum sounds, Drum Loops HD gives users more than 1000 drum loops, fills, samples, crashes, and ending drum fills, all played for real and recorded by Hans Eijkenaar, Holland's first call session drummer, at Sound Vision Studios in Arnhem. Drum Loops HD has been tested with (a.o.) Garageband, Music Studio, Auria, Multitrack DAW, Cubasis and works on any iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 7 and upwards.
Drum loops HD was recorded in and mixed to 2 distinct different sounds, a Modern setting (close miking plus room mics) and a Vintage setting (array of 5 old school mics, a.o. RCA Victors around the set). The performances on both sound choices are identical allowing you to be creative when mixing sounds or by using different sounds for different sections of your song.
It is also the ultimate play along drummer for any musician and considering the vast amount of jazz loops on board, a great study partner for any upright bass player, just to give an example. Many music school and private teachers have let the producers know that that they let their students play along with Drum Loops HD, making the experience for students much more real and making them perform better plus encouraging students to study more!
* Full drum loop library for anyone making music on an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
* Copy/paste to your favorite multi tracker
* Ability to change loops and fills in tempo in Garageband
* Audiobus compatible
* Inter App Audio compatible
* Perfect drummer to play along with when practicing your timing on any instrument (all grooves loop perfectly in app itself)
* Performed, recorded and built only for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Many styles in many bpms (check content list) including unique Jazz loop library, Tom loops (for intros and bridges) and Brushes loops, not found in any other library
* Two sounds for all loops,fills and samples in every style and tempo (modern and vintage)
* 4/4, 6/8 loops and shuffles, loops in straight time and shuffled time
* Uncut, not time stretched, not chopped but actual high end recordings
* Audio quality: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit (cd). For copying to any multi tracker including GB
* All loops and fills actually played in all bpms, by a living and breathing drummer
All 12 styles are cut into either 2 or 4 bar loops and recorded with two different mic settings, a 'Modern' with 14 mics and a unique 'Vintage' setting with 5 old school mics placed around the sets.
Every style comes in a wide range of tempos including:
* Ballads- 5 loops and 3 fills at 60, 66, 72 and 78 bpm (beats per minute)
* Pop/Rock- 5 loops and 3 fills at tempos ranging from 80-170 bpm, in 10 bpm increments
* Funk/Hip-Hop- 5 loops and 3 fills at 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 and 130 bpm
* Dance/DnB- 5 loops at 120, 130, 140 (10 loops), 160 and 180 bpm
* Soul- 5 loops and 3 fills at 100, 110, 120, 130 and 140 bpm
* Brushes- 5 loops and 3 fills at 60-130 bpm (10 bpm increments), plus 2 crashes and 1 crash kick
* 6/8 and Shuffles- 5 loops and 3 fills at 75, 85, 95, 110 and 130 bpm
* Jazz, 3 loops and 2 fills at tempos ranging from 100-280 bpm, 20 bpm increments
* Tom Loops in 4/4 and 6/8 for completing your intros, bridges and other creative ideas 4/4: 80-120 bpm (10 bpm increments) 6/8: 75-95 bpm (10 bpm increments)
* Random Loops, a chapter with Reggae, Fusion, Cuban and Brazilian loops and fills, presented as a trailer chapter for the soon to be released Drum Loops HD 2 app
* Jazz kit sampled, long list of samples of perfectly tuned Jazz set, including 22" Old K
* Pop kit sampled, long list of samples of the set used in pop/rock and other chapters
Drum Loops HD also includes crashes and ending drum fills:
* Single crash A
* Single crash K
* Cymbal roll 1
* Cymbal roll 2
* Crash plus kick 1
* Crash plus kick 2
* Double crash 1
* Double crash 2
* Ending drum fill 1
* Ending drum fill 2
All tracks are automatically looped within the app, and cut into 2 or 4 bar loops (instead of the usual 1 bar loop approach) giving a much more 'played live' feel and getting rid of the 'repetition effect.' Drum loops HD allows the user to mix and match to achieve distinctly different sounds for intros, verses, choruses and endings and with the Apple Loops format users can mix and match any loop from any style in any tempo in Garageband. Even stacking half time and double time loops on top of each other can lead to great creative results.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 7 or later
* 727 MB (all content in the app)
Pricing and Availability:
Drum Loops HD (2.0) is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. There is a free lite version available called Drum Loops HD Light with one chapter fully disclosed, the Ballads chapter to experiment with all the 'full version' features. Drum loops HD (2.0) is a Go Independent Records production, other apps are to be released in 2015, previously released: Drum Clinic HD and Percussion Loops HD (both with free Light version as teaser). Feel free to ask for promo codes for reviews.
Headquartered in The Hague, The Netherlands, Go Independent Records was established in 2003. The company was founded by Hans and Marieke Eijkenaar (both pro musicians) for record production. Throughout the years Go Independent Records has transformed into a multi media company and production house for self-releasing artists and singer-songwriters. The company has developed apps for the iOS platform since 2012. Copyright (C) 2014 Go Independent Records. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.