November 10, 2014 in Project Tracking (F)
[prMac.com] Craiova, Romania - Stand By Soft is pleased to announce the release of RationalPlan 4.10 for Mac OS X. Current version comes with a web-based project management module for the Server product, more reports, better support for opening Microsoft(C) Project files and many other features. Plus starting with this version all RationalPlan products are available for Mac OS X users within the App Store.
RationalPlan suite started as a desktop application designed to run on all major operating systems - Windows, Linux and Mac OS X - but it evolved into an embedded management system that is now available even as a project management cloud service both for individuals and for companies that need a distributed solution with concurrent access from multiple users.
Important changes for this version:
* Added web-based project management module
* RationalPlan products are available on App Store on Mac OS X
* Added filters in Timesheet view
* Added more reports
* Improved integration with MS(C) Project 2013 files
* Added Notes column for tasks and projects
* Added possibility to display a special color for 100% complete tasks
* Better rendering for exported Excel spreadsheets
* Added support for special characters in Windows installer
RationalPlan Server can be used in two flavors: On Premise - installed on the clients hardware with a one time payment - and as a Cloud service - hosted on RationalPlan's servers with a monthly payment. Starting with this version a web-based project management module was added such that users can start managing their products directly from a browser. Although the module is in beta version and is under heavy development it is stable and can be used even in production.
At users requests all RationalPlan products were added to the App Store. This increases the integration of the application with the Mac OS X operating system.
When it comes to reading Microsoft(C) Project files things are not that easy because the .mpp file format is a binary one. As a result it needs a continuous work to ensure the best results. For this version certain improvements were made to allow loading calendars from MS(C) Project 2013 files and some min0r fixes were made to correctly load recurrent tasks.
Many new features requested by users were implemented. For example filters were added within Timesheet view, Notes column was added for tasks and for projects, additional reports, improved rendering while exporting data to Excel spreadsheets, the possibility to display a special color for 100% complete tasks and many more.
RationalPlan suite is made of these products:
* RationalPlan Single Project - an alternative to Microsoft Project and the perfect solution for novice or accidental project managers
* RationalPlan Multi Project - project management software for multiple projects, projects that are interconnected through dependencies and share common resource
* RationalPlan Project Viewer - free project management software viewer, the solution for anyone (from project stakeholders to team workers) to view projects details
* RationalPlan Project Server - a centralized place to manage the company's projects while offering concurrent access to different users
The complete suite of RationalPlan products can be found at the website.
Stand By Soft was founded in 1997 as a software company specialized in building desktop applications and components. RationalPlan is a project management solution that follows the general recommended guidelines from project management domain. MOOS Project viewer is a Microsoft Project viewer that allows users to open, view in a dynamic way and print any Microsoft Project file. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Stand By Soft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.