November 12, 2014 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Cathy Lane Studios today is proud to announce the release of Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane 1.0, their new children's book for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Butterfly Kisses was originally published 1995 by Margaret Hamilton Books as a hard cover book. It is no longer available in printed form. It was a popular book when it was published and is still in Australian public libraries and school libraries today. This interactive version is completely re-designed for the iPad/iPhone and illustrated with beautiful handmade paper sculpture illustrations.
Butterfly Kisses, those gentle fluttering of eyelashes on cheek, are the ultimate focus of this playful bedtime romp through the animal kingdom. The rhyming words take the reader on a fun journey through the imagination of a little girl. With the tap of a finger the sound effects and animations activate the various animal movements and sounds of their environments. Cicadas chirping, birds calling, tigers roaring! This is the perfect story to read to a young child just before bedtime.
* Original story and fun touch animations all create a warm caring experience for a young child.
* Educational activities at the end of the story; a puzzle which explains how the characters were made, a page where the reader can write their own words for a page for Butterfly Kisses and finally a page where they can illustrate their verse.
* Music arranged and performed exclusively for "Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane".
* Realistic animal sounds and background sounds make for a fun audible experience.
* "Read to Me" and "Read by Myself" options.
* Words are highlighted as the story is narrated for clear word recognition.
* Tap the words to hear the narration again.
* The animal sounds and the background sounds can be turned off. This can create more active participation with the child making the animals sounds themselves as they read the story.
* There are arrows on each page for clear navigation of page turning.
* On each story page children are challenged to find the lady beetle. Tapping the lady beetle activates all the animations and their sounds all at once.
* There is a butterfly menu button at the top of each page for clear navigation throughout the app.
* Narrated by well known Australian TV celebrity (see web site for details www.butterflykissesapp.com)
* Member of Moms with Apps- As a Moms With Apps member, we follow 'Know What's Inside' best practices for kids' apps.
Cathy Lane's daughter Alison inspired her to write Butterfly Kisses. Alison was 4 years old when Cathy first introduced her to butterfly kisses. Alison was sitting in bed waiting to say goodnight when Cathy asked her if she would like a butterfly kiss. Intrigued by how this might be possible she said yes! So Cathy fluttered her eye lashes on Alison's cheek. She responded by saying I wonder how other animals might say goodnight. This began the questioning of all her toy animals, who were sitting on the bed, how might they say goodnight? What about Giraffes? Giraffe's would kiss twisting knots in their long, long legs. Cathy immediately wrote a little rhyming poem after she said goodnight to Alison and this is how Butterfly Kisses was born.
Cathy Lane comes from a teaching background and wanted her book app to be used as a classroom resource. She has written and illustrated 3 free educational resource books for parents and teachers to use in conjunction with "Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane." They cover writing, drawing and craft activities. They are available in PDF form for download.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 69.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Butterfly Kisses by Cathy Lane 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. See website for more examples of Cathy's work.
Cathy Lane and Gary Bigelow are the Directors of Cathy Lane Studios. This is their first picture book app for the itunes store. Cathy has been working as a freelance designer, illustrator, artist, part-time teacher and author for many years. Cathy had 6 picture books published and has had 4 solo exhibitions of her artwork. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Cathy Lane Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.