November 12, 2014 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Raleigh, North Carolina - Built specifically for iOS 8 with inspiration by Tinder's cards interface, Cleen provides users a fun and easy way to manage their Camera Roll and albums by favoriting and deleting photos all within one app. Cleen is developed by AtomKnows, the creator of tapsBook, an award-winning iPad photo book app.
"Since launching tapsBook in July 2013, we pioneered the three-way rating system highlighting favorites, keepers and trash with rave reviews from our users," says Xiaohu Yao, creator of Cleen, also the founder of tapsBook. "From user surveys, we learned that our users loved this intuitive and patented swipe-based rating system and wanted the same ability to rate on their iPhones - so we created Cleen for iOS 8 on iPhone."
* One of first apps to leverage both favorite and delete feature from iOS 8 PhotoKit
* Intuitive swipe up or down (ie. thumbs up/down) to favorite or trash photos
* "Do-it-later" option by swiping left
* Full size image view by long pressing on a photo - see the details before rating
* Easy undo by dragging any favorite or trashed photo back to cards pile
As one of the early app providers to leverage the latest iOS 8 PhotoKit, there are only a handful of apps with similar functionalities, but Cleen offers these key differentiators:
* App is free
* Capability to tag favorite photos - ratings are synched with iOS Photo library and iCloud Drive
* Ability to manage photos in any albums - not just Camera Roll only
* No limitations on photos to review based on time or other dimensions - users can rate continuously
* Grid views of favorited and trashed photos - handy for second thoughts
* Prompt reminder to rate photos - notification will appear when new photos are detected
Cleen's main purpose is to help users find their favorite photos so users can do more (share, print) with them. Analytics from our beta release show that on average, users only trash 23% of their photos. Of the remaining photos, there is a 50-50 chance the photos will be rated as favorites. That is why the focus is primarily on uncovering the best photos.
"The iPhone is now many people's primary camera, making it very easy to take gigabytes of photos and run out of storage space on their phone," says Yao. "We want to help users make every photo count by marking out favorite ones to print or share effortlessly and deleting unwanted photos immediately with a swipe."
* Compatible with iPhone 5/6
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later (iOS8 to use the advanced data sync with iOS Photo library)
* 3 MB
Pricing and availability:
Cleen 1.0.4 is available for free download through the iTunes App Store in the Photo and Video category worldwide.
Based in Raleigh, N.C., AtomKnows LLC was founded in 2012 with a mission to create mobile apps that would address pain points of people's lives, thereby making a positive on their lives. Its first iOS app, tapsBook, is a powerful cloud-based photo book creation and sharing mobile platform that has already won numerous prestigious awards such as Walgreen's Fall 2013 QuickPrints Developer Contest and the 2014 CES Mobile App Showdown Appreneur Award. In October 2014, AtomKnows began offering the core technology behind tapsBook as a photo book creation and ordering SDK for iOS app developers and photo retailers to provide photo book merchandising options effortlessly. In November 2014, AtomKnows expanded its mobile app portfolio with Cleen, the company's second iOS app and first iPhone app, which features the patented 3 tier swipe-based rating system it pioneered with the tapsBook app. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2012-2014 AtomKnows LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.