November 13, 2014 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Los Gatos, California - In recent months, news of data breaches with millions of passwords compromised, photos leaked, or financial data stolen have been all too common. Today online security is a top priority, but finding a simple and secure way to keep personal data safe isn't always easy. Now it is with the newly updated SplashID apps for iOS and Android.
For over 12 years, SplashData's SplashID has provided a seamless way to store and lock the confidential information of over 1 million users with smartphone and tablet apps, Mac and Windows desktop applications, and web access. Now with SplashID's latest upgrade to version 8, the SplashData team has added additional security measures and convenient features to ensure SplashID users have access to their personal digital wallet whenever and wherever they are.
While individuals can always resort to keeping usernames, passwords and account numbers on a piece of paper hidden in their desk or on an Excel(TM) file saved to their computer, it's easy for passwords to be forgotten, files to be erased, and hard copies of documents to be lost. With SplashID, data is quickly and easily accessible, private and customizable, but - most importantly - secure.
With the new version, SplashID is available as a free app for the first time. To use SplashID with multiple devices or browsers requires an easy upgrade to SplashID Pro.
"Now more than ever, people need simple and effective ways of keeping their personal information private and secure," said Morgan Slain, SplashData's CEO. "With version 8, we are excited to make SplashID's combination of security and convenience free for a new generation of users and at the same time bring powerful new features to our advanced users with SplashID Pro."
SplashID 8 offers a unique combination of features and benefits:
* Access: Only SplashID provides free, native, secure apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and the web, plus a browser plugin for Chrome - Version 8 updates for SplashID's native apps on Windows Phone, BlackBerry, other browsers, and USB drives are coming soon
* Choice of sync and storage: Users decide how to store and sync their records with convenient cloud sync, local network Wi-Fi sync, or on-device storage
* Touch ID login for iOS
* Customizable record types and categories keep information organized
* Photo capture feature quickly and easily stores credit card information
* File attachments: Upload photos, documents, and add notes to any record for reference
* Protection features include 256-bit encryption and 2-factor authentication
* Secure sharing: Safely share records with other SplashID users or even those who don't use SplashID
* Automatic SplashID Backup service to ensure data never gets lost
* Security dashboard provides usage statistics and tools to monitor and fix weak, reused, and old passwords
* Web autofill saves typing in usernames, passwords, addresses, and credit card numbers and delivers the correct address from the secure data vault every time to prevent phishing
* Refer a friend to SplashID and both parties receive a 25% discount on a SplashID Pro subscription
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6/6 Plus
* 25.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SplashID 8.0.4 is available now for free on the iTunes App Store and Google Play. For access across multiple devices (for example, iOS and Mac) and additional services like sync and automated backup, upgrade to SplashID Pro for $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
SplashData has been a leading provider of security applications and services for over 12 years. The company's secure password and record management solution SplashID has over 1 million individual users worldwide as well as hundreds of business and enterprise clients. SplashData was founded in 2000 and is based in Los Gatos, CA. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 200-2014 SplashData. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.