August 31, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Amsterdam - AssistiveWare(R) today announced the release of updates for its KeyStrokes(R), Proloquo(R), SwitchXS(R), LayoutKichten(R) and GhostReader products for full Snow Leopard compatibility. With these free updates Mac users with physical, speech and language disabilities can now enjoy the pleasures of Apple's new Snow Leopard operating system.
The updates resolve various bigger and smaller compatibility issues with Snow Leopard and all current users are strongly recommended to upgrade to the new versions before installing Mac OS X 10.6.
* KeyStrokes 4.1.1 provides a fully-functional virtual keyboard with multilingual word prediction and dwelling for people with physical disabilities.
* SwitchXS 2.5.1 is a single or multiple switch-based computer access and communication solution providing full emulation of mouse and keyboard for use with any standard Mac OS X application. Also supports switch accessible communication panels.
* Proloquo 2.0.2 is a multilingual speech and communciation solution for Mac OS X enabling people who cannot speak to user their computer as an AAC device. Not to be confused with our Proloquo2Go product, which turns an iPhone or iPod touch into full-featured communication solution for people who have difficulty speaking.
* LayoutKitchen 2.1.2 is a keyboard, speech panel and scan panel editor for KeyStrokes, Proloquo and SwitchXS.
* GhostReader 1.6.5 is an easy to use multilingual document and selection reader that can also convert text to iPod-ready iTunes files.
For more information and fully-functional downloadable demos consult the products page. For more information contact AssistiveWare directly or one of our distributors such as Origin Instruments Corporation for North America or Kallysta for France.
AssistiveWare is the worldwide leader in innovative assistive technology software for Mac OS X and the iPhone. This includes award-winning KeyStrokes(R) and TouchStrokes(R) virtual keyboards, SwitchXS(R) scanning on-screen keyboard, LayoutKitchen(R) panel editor, and Proloquo(R) multi-purpose speech solution as well as the ground breaking Proloquo2Go communication solution for the iPhone and iPod touch. The ConvenienceWare product line makes the advanced technologies developed by AssistiveWare available in cool and convenient applications that can make the life of Mac users easier. AssistiveWare and ConvenienceWare are trade names of AssistiveWare BV and trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. VisioVoice, SwitchXS, KeyStrokes, TouchStrokes, LayoutKitchen, GhostReader, Proloquo, and Proloquo2Go are trademarks or registered trademarks of Niemeijer Consult. Infovox iVox is a trademark of Acapela Group. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.