September 14, 2009 in Music and Recording (E)
[prMac.com] Parede, Portugal - SintraWorks today released Metron 1.1, an update to their professional digital metronome for iPhone and iPod Touch. The brainchild of a classically trained musician, Metron aids in the practice of runs, excerpts and complete compositions. Featuring an intuitive front panel, you can launch and start practicing instantly, while an organized back panel provides access to powerful extra features.
In addition to the usual single and multiple beat ticks of digital metronomes, Metron offers complex time signatures with beat grouping and dynamic accellerando and ritardando through a high-precision playback engine. A bar based sequencer offers detailed control over tempo changes. Additionally, Metron incorporates a tuner that can be calibrated to cent level.
New in version 1.1:
* Traditional tempo increments
* Accelerando and ritardando can now be set to adjust the tempo until the next absolute tempo mark (Allowing programming of tempo changes like in traditional music scores.)
* User interface tweaks for even easier usage
* A few bug fixes
Features in Detail
* Portrait and landscape mode
* Tempo from 10 to 400 Beats Per Minute
* Accelerando and ritardando ("Variance")
* Specify a factor between one quarter (0.25) and double (2.0) the current tempo (Useful when practicing complex sequences)
* Tap the tap pad to set the tempo
* Visual beat feedback in addition clear and crisp audio pulses
* Create your own library with any number of sequences. A set with the most commonly used time signatures is included by default
* Create sequences with any number of bars
* Each sequence can set a countdown, a start tempo, a variance and whether the metronome stops at the end of the sequence or repeats the sequence from the beginning
* Each bar consists of one or more time signatures and can set a tempo and a variance starting on any beat. A bar can be set to play up to a 110 times
* A time signature can have between 1 and 64 beats over a dotted or undotted denominator (examples: 7/4, 2/8., 9/32, 1/2., 3/1)
* A time signature can be subdivided into beat groups. Grouping beats affects metronome playback. (Have accents on any beat you wish.)
* Mix bars of different meters and tempi at will, and interpolate between tempi between any two points in a score
Tuner (Pitch Pipe):
* Plays any pitch from octave 0 to octave 8
* Reference pitch: A4 = 440Hz
* Adjustable to cent level
* Choice of note names: C D E...etc, Do Re Mi...etc.
* iPhone or iPod Touch
* iPhone OS X 2.2.1 later
Pricing and Availability:
Metron 1.1 is available at the iTunes App Store, temporarily for $0.99 USD (Normal price is $3.99).
Located in beautiful Parede, Portugal, SintraWorks is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Antonio Nunes. Committed to providing the highest quality software, SintraWorks' focus is developing productivity solutions for the Mac and iPhone platforms, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2006-2009 SintraWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.