August 20, 2007 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (ON), Canada - August 18, 2007 - Zevrix Solutions today announced the release of LengthControl 2, a free utility to quickly and easily locate and edit long file names on Mac OS X.
LengthControl is a simple and powerful solution to control the name length of files and folders. LengthControl displays the name length of selected items and warns about the files whose name is longer than the user-defined limit. Users can edit the names in LengthControl and then rename all the modified files in the Finder with a click of a button.
Version 2 includes the following improvements:
* Define the maximum name length and set it separately for files and folders.
* Scan the contents of selected folders and subfolders.
* Navigate the file list using interactive buttons and keyboard shortcuts.
* Change the maximum name length on the fly and recalculate results.
* Drag-and-drop files and folders on the LengthControl window or select them from the system navigation dialog.
LengthControl 2 is also rewritten from the ground up in Cocoa and several times faster than the previous version.
LengthControl 2 is free to download from the Zevrix Solutions web site, http://www.zevrix.com.
LengthControl 2 is available for Mac OS X 10.4.2 and higher.
Located in Toronto, Canada, Zevrix Solutions provides productivity solutions for Adobe Creative Suite software, graphic file diagnostics and FileMaker Pro on Mac OS. Zevrix Solutions is dedicated to helping professionals achieve more while doing less through automating their everyday tasks, producing error-free documents, saving disk space and cutting production costs. For more information, visit www.zevrix.com.