June 16, 2015 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - 128bit Technologies introduces version 1.7 of Candy Apple for Mac OS X, a tasty vector based graphic design and illustration app available on the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website. Also, for a limited time this new version is offered at an introductory price of only $14.99 to new customers, a savings of 50%. Current Candy Apple users can simply update for free through the Updates section of the App Store application on their Mac, or through the Check for Updates option in the Candy Apple menu.
"We have worked hard this year to add support for exporting in SVG format, a format growing in popularity as a go-to web graphic format that scales to any size while keeping a smaller file size," states Jason Hogrefe, President of 128bit Technologies. "We continue to receive feedback from our Candy Apple customers, and work hard to provide regular bug fixes and feature enhancements to make this a best-in-class application."
The new SVG export feature is rapidly becoming the graphic format to use for logos (resizing your logo easily from small to large without losing sharpness or increasing file size) and on the Internet. The SVG format is text based, in the standardized XML language, and carries the same file size no matter how small or large you make it. Among many other reasons, these help website graphics conform to the new search engine optimization guidelines and make graphics look crisp and polished. Other bug fixes include: Fixing a Text on Path bug that misplaced the default text position; and fixing an import issue where imported image opened in new window rather than the current window the user is working in.
Even more important to many Candy Apple customers is the addition of a tutorial section on the MacAppware website to quickly show users how to navigate through the application. Currently there are three videos, with more to come:
* Adding Text on a Path
* Using the Draw Tools and Adjusting the Fill and Stroke
* Converting Text to a Shape and Adding Strokes, Zigzags, and Patterns
Perfect for novice or pros alike, Candy Apple lets anyone create drawings, logos, banners, buttons, icons and more. You can also edit and enhance photos, or convert images to draw-able vector paths. Take a bite and treat yourself to a full featured vector drawing application packed with professional tools and dynamic effects that will make every design a polished work of art. Candy Apple features include:
* Full vector support (including SVG import and export)
* Enhance pictures and add effects
* Draw illustrations and graphics
* Draw Rectangle, Oval, Round Rectangle, Round End Rectangle, Line, Polygon, Path, Freehand, Ring, Speech Balloon, and Arc
* Use what you create royalty free
* Convert text to a shape or path
* Adjust freehand drawing to create smooth looking paths
* Vectorize images to turn any photo into an editable graphic
* Add strokes (regular, arrowed, rough, zig-zag)
* Add fills (solid, gradient, pattern, zig-zag, hatch)
* Add text on a path
* Add an image to text
* Blend and mask effects
* Over 130 filters and effects
* Full layer support
* Boolean operation support to combine shapes
* Easily align multiple items on your canvas
* Rulers and guides make it easy to place items in the right location
* Snap to grid, snap to guides, or snap to other objects
* Zoom in or out to get every detail pixel perfect
* Import SVG graphics and edit their vector paths
* Export in fully editable SVG or vector PDF format
* Export as an image (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF)
* Supports transparent backgrounds
* Extensive help file explains Candy Apple's tools in detail
* And more
Pricing and Availability:
Candy Apple is supported on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel, 64-bit) and higher, including Yosemite and is available on both the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website, for a limited time discount of $14.99 (USD), a savings of 50% off the full price of $29.99.
MacAppware is a division of 128bit Technologies and a dedicated Mac software developer currently offering design, image editing and disk utility applications; unique commercial use font collections; and a carefully curated rotation of bundles and deals. Copyright (C) 2015 128bit Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.