July 15, 2015 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Charlotte, North Carolina - einstein's legacy is pleased to announce the release of LightTable 2.2.1 for OS X, an image cataloging application that lets users perform image comparisons and inspections on a virtual canvas. Users can move image items around just like actual prints on a physical light table. The 2.2.1 update features a new collection of GPU-image effects, Full Screen mode, new canvas export settings and better error handling.
"With this release, we continue to refine the LightTable experience for users who need a great tool for exploring 2D visual possibilities interactively," says einstein's legacy Chief Product Officer Douglas A. Welton. "Our collection of image effects continues to grow. Full Screen mode and high-resolution drawing allows users to work on a precise clutter-free canvas that maximizes their work area. Image inspection and comparison has never been easier."
LightTable 2.2.1 includes the following key features:
* LightTable includes more than thirty GPU-accelerated effects, such as edge burning, X-rays, motion blurring and vintage photo processing. Image Effects may be applied to any item on the Canvas. Also, the new Lift and Stamp functions let you copy effects settings between canvas items and the new effects management options help you to bypass, disable and enable active effects quickly.
* Zoom Controls make it easy to see the canvas at different levels of detail along with a summary of canvas size and magnification. Canvas Settings lets you control image sizing when placing items on the canvas. Additionally, Full Screen mode now lets you maximize the canvas area for an optimal work space. LightTable is now Retina compatible.
Canvas Item Automation:
* LightTable now includes a Replicate Canvas Item function, which automates the process of building a matrix of images from a single item source. Each image can then be adjusted making visual inspections and comparisons much easier to accomplish.
Improved Layout Tools:
* Along with the new Auto Arrange feature, which does an automated layout of canvas items, images may be moved, resized and stretched; aligned relative to other images or the canvas itself; or stacked and re-stacked like photographs on a desktop.
* LightTable creates an image of the current Canvas and lets users share that image via e-mail, using popular internet services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) or with local applications like iPhoto or Aperture.
* LightTable dynamically creates a slide show from the Tray images in your project. Slide shows display full screen and can be navigated manually or as a timed (automatic) show.
Improved Export Tools:
* Exporting your canvas as a single image now produces a consistent image result across all export, sharing and print operations. User may now add a background color when exporting images.
* OS X 10.10 or higher
* 64-bit processor
* 4 MB disk space
Pricing and availability
LightTable 2.2.1 is available for $19.99 from the Mac App Store (in the Photography category).
At einstein's legacy, our mission is to create innovative software tools that address the needs of mediagenic creative professionals. einstein's legacy v2.0, LLC was founded in 2011 and is located in Charlotte, NC. Copyright (C) 2011-2015 einstein's legacy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.