September 29, 2009 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Royal Palm Beach, Florida - iPhoneAppQuotes, the leading network that connects iPhone App Developers and iPhone development companies today released a national survey of application developers and the results show a dramatic increase in mobile application development.
* 42% of developers have 2 - 5 employees.
* 39% average growth was experienced by most developers from adding mobile application development to their business models.
* From respondents that recently added app development as a service, 34% of their entire business is now comprised of iPhone app development.
* 60% of respondents were doing custom application development before they started working on iPhone applications.
* 71% of respondents generate most of their sales leads through referrals.
"It should come as no surprise that Apple's App Store is big business and generates an estimated $1 billion a year in total revenue," Gregg Weiss, Founder of iPhoneAppQuotes said. "With the iPhone app market growing daily, developers have noticed the trend and are shifting focus to the mobile app market."
Sacconaghi estimates the App Store currently brings in $60 million to $110 million in quarterly revenue for Apple. Those figures represent the money Apple gets from its 30% cut of every app sold. Conversely, iPhone application developers generate between $140 million and $250 million a quarter through their 70% cut of App Store sales.
"The key thing to take away from these statistics is that developing an iPhone app can create a very lucrative business for not only businesses and software developers, but also for everyday entrepreneurs that have a fantastic concept," Weiss adds.
iPhoneAppQuotes was created to provide businesses and entrepreneurs an easy way to connect with iPhone Developers and receive price quotes for building custom iPhone and iPod Touch Applications for free. For iPhone Development companies, iPhoneAppQuotes offers an affordable and effective way to generate more business by joining the exclusive network. iPhoneAppQuotes is open to experienced developers who already have Apps in the App Store and pass a screening process to be a network member. Copyright (C) 2009 iPhoneAppQuotes. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.