October 1, 2009 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom - Vicomsoft today is proud to announce the immediate availability of InterGate Policy Manager 9.3. The only centralized solution for Mac OS X, InterGate Policy Manager provides a highly granular level of filtering for web content, peer to peer, telephony and instant messaging apps, comprehensive logging and reporting of user activity, as well as an optional industrial strength IP router. Suitable for all networks, small to large, InterGate Policy Manager's cost effective solution greatly increases productivity, enhances security, reduces legal liability and optimises the use of IT resources for any organisation.
Version 9.3 marks Vicomsoft's alliance with eSellerate to provide in-app purchase capabilities and streamlined licensing, making for a far better purchasing experience and improved ease of registration for the end user. Also in this release is support for Apple's newly released Snow Leopard operating system.
Here's what some of our users had to say about InterGate Policy Manager:
"Vicomsoft is, in my opinion, the only real game in town if you want a software-based solution via a Mac based computer.
They have a strong product line, good tech support and continue to improve their existing products and add new ones. They're also an excellent choice for Windows machines." - practicallynetworked.com
"I have used InterGate since version 3 and have found it invaluable in our network strategy. The filtering software has saved us many an HR headache by restricting access to undesirable web sites. Vicomsoft's technical support is among the best I've ever dealt with in my eleven years as an IT professional. I enthusiastically recommend this software and its developer." - scottgh via Version Tracker
* Centrally managed, requiring no client computer software
* Easily integrated into any existing network with little or no configuration changes
* Filter any client machine, irrespective of the operating system or web browser used
* Filtering by global rules or rules specific to a user or group
* Customize filtering by category, site, directory, or page, protocol, file type, or even time of day
* Enforce SafeSearch searching on major search engines
* Block or allow apps such as BitTorrent, LimeWire, Kazza, Skype, MSN Messenger, AIM and more
* Comprehensive tabular and graphical reporting, offering a web based interface
* Full remote administration capability
* Full IP router/bridge with NAT, Multi-NAT, DMZ, DHCP, DNS, Remote Access, Load Balancing and Connection Fallback capabilities
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Vicomsoft Ltd, founded in 1984, has offices in the US and the UK. Its expanding customer base currently has tens of thousands of satisfied users worldwide. Vicomsoft's vision is to provide a set of innovative network security and monitoring tools to small to medium sized businesses that offer flexibility, visibility and control over their network.