Langenhahn, DE Oct 07, 2009 in iTunes
Norbert M. Doerner today released MP3-Info 2.0. MP3-Info is a companion designed to integrate with Apples Finder and iTunes, helping to view and organize music libraries. Version 2.0 now runs as an application in Snow Leopard, and displays all relevant audio tags, such as cover art, lyrics, album, artist, or comments. It now offers a fast connection to search for similar songs in the popular media cataloger CDFinder, and can rename song files based on their tags.
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - MP3-Info is a clever companion that helps you organize your music collection. It is essentially a Plug-in for the Finder and iTunes. MP3-Info displays valuable information about audio files, such as their duration, bitrate, important MP3-Tags, such as artist, song title, album name, cover art, and more, all in one window. That saves you a lot of time viewing and managing your song collection. MP3-Info also shows these metadata tags for AAC files created by iTunes, and WAV, and AIFF files.
Following either the currently selected file in Apples Finder, or the selected iTunes song, or the currently playing song in iTunes, MP3-Info quickly shows you the details for each song. Additionally, MP3-Info can rename your song files based on their tags, or find similar songs in your CDFinder music collection. With a simple click in the Tweet button, users can tell the world of their currently playing song in Twitter. Lyrics are displayed in a separate window, and thus you can finally follow your iTunes songs while they are playing, and sing along.
What is new in MP3-Info 2.0?
* MP3-Info is now an application, because Apple has killed the Context Menu Modules in Snow Leopard, most unfortunately!
* MP3-Info now follows either your Finder selection, or the current iTunes song, or the iTunes selection. This now makes MP3-Info an amazing iTunes companion!
* Lyrics are being displayed in a separate window. That way you can finally see the lyrics of the current song in iTunes while it is playing, without messing with the iTunes controls!
* Cover Art is being displayed, if it is enclosed in the actual song file
* Integration into Twitter.com allows you to tell the world what song you are currently listening to (uses a web browser)
* Three different tag editing apps can be connected: ID3X, The Tagger, and Media Rage
* Find similar songs in your CDFinder library with one easy click
* Universal Binary; running natively on PowerPC and Intel machines
* Requires Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* Older MP3-Info CMM 1.5 still available for users of Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the digital media cataloger CDFinder, and various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture. Copyright (C) 1991-2009 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Finder and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
+49 2663 91 70 128