October 8, 2009 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Newark, NJ - TapFactory today introduced their new iPhone app "Contact", the only Home screen speed dial app that supports dialing, SMS and emailing. Contact allows users to generate any number of speed dials on their Home screen, each with their own unique icon that can be a custom photo or selected from the built in icon library.
"Home screen speed dials are one of those missing iPhone features," says TapFactory, "and there is a huge deficit in apps that allow the user to generate multi-functional speed dials for their Home screen. With other apps, you either have to buy a separate app for each speed dial, or all speed dials reside within the app, which defeats the purpose of a speed dial because you have to open the app to access them."
TapFactory's solution is different. Their uniquely engineered app allows you to create any number of custom speed dials that when tapped can either dial a number, open an SMS, open an email, or prompt you with all three. The built-in icon library features over gorgeous Apple-worthy icons to use as your speed dial icon. You can also snap a photo from within the app, or choose from you Camera Roll. This creates infinite possibilities for you to create highly customized and highly functional speed dials. For the one-time price of $1.99, this is truly an app that keeps on giving.
* Add any number of custom speed dials to your Home Screen.
* Set up your speed dial to make a call, send an SMS, send an email, or prompt you with all three options when the speed dial icon is tapped.
* Contact is fully integrated with your address book, so adding a contact is a breeze. Either use your address book to enter automatically or choose to enter manually with the keyboard. Contact will even ask you to use a contact's photo if there is one attached!
* When creating your custom speed dial icon, you have 4 options: (1) Use a contact's attached photo, (2) select from your camera roll, (3) take a photo and load it directly into Contact, or (3) select from Contact's library of gorgeous icons.
* Contact optimizes your speed dial to open immediately without any connection to the internet!
* iPhone devices 3.1 or later
* Internet connection required initially to create speed dial icon only
Pricing and Availability:
Contact 1.2 for iPhone is only $1.99 (USD) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Founded in 2008, TapFactory develops apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch that are elegant, intuitive, and designed with the end user in mind. Our philosophy is to strike a harmonious balance between form and function that lives up to the Apple legacy. The company is based in Newark, NJ. Copyright (C) 2008-2009 TapFactory Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.