October 19, 2009 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Maidenhead, UK - Byte Squared today announces the release of its spreadsheet application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Named Sheet2, it provides over 100 functions with an extensive feature set and support for the XLS format. It also provides tight integration with Google Docs, allowing editing of Google Docs spreadsheets from within the Sheet2 app.
Sheet2, provides over 100 functions with the following additional features:
* XLS compatibility with support for multiple worksheets
* Multiple cell types, including Numeric, Date, Time, Date/Time, Currency, Percentage and Text
* Cell formatting options, including bold, italic, text and background color, cell sizes and alignments
* Merged cells, text wrapping and freeze panes
* Copy/cut/paste operations
* Searching and sorting of cells
* A range of functions, including date/time, math, statistical, string, financial and trigonometric functions
* Import/Export to and from a desktop computer over a wi-fi connection
Sheet2 also integrates tightly with Google Docs, letting users copy spreadsheets between the iPhone and a Google Docs folder. Sheet2 will also allow direct editing of spreadsheets stored in a Google Docs folder. Additionally Sheet2 can access spreadsheets stored in a MobileMe iDisk account or any other WebDAV enabled server, for instance, another iPhone running Sheet2.
Byte Squared CEO Simon Bates said: "Sheet2 is the only Spreadsheet app to integrate tightly with Google Docs, giving our users ubiquitous access to their data in the cloud from either desktop or iPhone, without the need to synchronize files."
iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Sheet2 3.0 is available now. It costs $5.99 (USD) and can be purchased from the App Store.
Byte Squared provides a range of software for mobile devices. It was established in 2009 and is a privately held company headquartered in Maidenhead in the UK. Copyright (C) 2009 Byte Squared. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.