February 11, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release and availability of ArabicXT with Kurdish Support, or "KurdishXT". With KurdishXT, users can create and print Kurdish language layouts within QuarkXPress 6.x. The XTensions transform QuarkXPress into professional Kurdish desktop publishing software. KurdishXT 6.1 allows users to publish in Kurdish and to create outstanding designs for both print and electronic media.
Using KurdishXT in conjunction with QuarkXPress, anyone can learn to create superb Kurdish language page layouts, without the need for a Kurdish operating system. ArabicXT 6.1 with Kurdish Support also opens up the world of self-publishing in Kurdish/Persian to the novice, including students, freelancers and home-based professionals. Anyone can learn the system in a very short time. ArabicXT 6.1 with Kurdish Support does not remove any existing functionality of QuarkXPress; all QuarkXPress features are available in this Kurdish XTensions software.
KurdishXT 6.1 runs flawlessly under Mac OS X, and has been specifically designed to run in the native Mac OS X v10.2 environments. KurdishXT 6.1 can also be used in conjunction with QuarkXPress Passport, the multilingual version of QuarkXPress that allows users to justify, hyphenate and spell check text in 11 languages, including International English, U.S English, German, French, Spanish, Swiss German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian.
Features & Benefits:
• Create eye-catching Kurdish/Persian Web documents
• Gain more control over Kurdish layout spaces
• Synchronise Kurdish text among different layout spaces for greater accuracy
• Manage tables efficiently
• Multiple Undos
• Automatic Kashida insertion, using powerful Kashida algorithms for perfect justification
• Controllable ligature selection
• Automatic vertical and horizontal positioning of accents over characters
• Drop words over several lines at the beginning of paragraphs
• Mix Kurdish and Latin text in the same text box
• Import Kurdish text from Macintosh or Windows word processors
• Export Kurdish text for editing in other Kurdish word processors
• Copy and Paste Kurdish text attributes on a character level basis
• Change attributes of a specific language within a mixed selection range
• Enhanced "flip document layout" feature handles lines and bézier curves
• Bilingual "find and replace"
• Convert "text to table" and "table to text"
• Improved handling of style sheets
KurdishXT 6.1 can run in reader-mode, in which the user works without a dongle. A full KurdishXT version is not necessary to view or print a document created with KurdishXT 6.1. The product includes 17 high-quality Kurdish fonts and comes bundled with 1 free in-pack premium: Zakhrafat™, a professional collection of more than 140 Oriental clip arts and 30 drop caps, created by top graphic designers.
Macintosh Platform (USB Dongle)
• Power PC G3 processor or faster
• Mac OS X (10.2 or later)
• Parent Application: QuarkXPress version 6.x
• CD-ROM Drive (for Installation)
• 4 MB Available Memory/RAM
• 2 MB Available Hard-Disk space
• 1 Available USB Port
KurdishXT is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London.