October 22, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - Third Street Software, Inc. today announced the release of Sente 6.0, the popular academic reference manager for Max OS X. Sente 6.0 introduces a number of important enhancements, including:
* Synchronized Libraries. Sente 6 makes it easy to maintain multiple copies of a reference library, including attachments such as PDF files, on multiple computers. This works well for users who regularly work on more than one computer. Because permissions can be set differently on each copy, this feature is also useful for sharing a library with colleagues.
* Hierarchical Reference Tagging. Sente 6 makes it easy to assign and use tags on references. And tags can be arranged hierarchically, in which case Sente will treat references with child tags as though they had also been assigned the parent tags. This makes organizing a large research library much easier than it has ever been before.
* PDF Markup. This new version also includes PDF markup commands that can be used to highlight passages or other regions in a PDF file. This information is synchronized along with the PDFs themselves, so the marked-up copy is available in any synchronized copy of the library almost immediately.
* Hundreds of New Bibliography Formats. This significantly increases the likelihood that the format someone needs is already built-in.
"This is a very important upgrade for us." said Michael Stevens of Third Street Software. "In addition to addressing some of the most important feature requests that Sente users have made over the years, the design of Sente 6 has been reworked to support future enhancements far better than the old design could."
* Sente 6 requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
* 1GB RAM (or more) is recommended
* Sente is a Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel Macs
Pricing and Availability:
This is a free upgrade for anyone who purchased a Sente 5 license on or after January 1, 2009. Others can purchase an upgrade for $39.95 (USD) for a single user license.
A standard, single-user license for Sente can be purchased for $129.95 (USD). Academic licenses are available for $89.95. The Undergraduate Edition of Sente, which works with libraries containing up to 250 references, is available for $34.95. A fully-functional, 30-day demonstration version of Sente can be downloaded from our web site.
Sente is an academic reference manager for Mac OS X. Sente 1.0 was originally released in 2004. Sente is in use by students, faculty and researchers in most major academic institutions around the world.
Third Street Software, Inc. is a small, privately held software company in Denver, Colorado, dedicated to building the kind of software you can't believe you ever lived without.