Vocalia 2.1 - Speech Recognition in Dutch, Italian and Spanish
October 27, 2009 in Utilities
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today released Vocalia 2.1 on the App Store featuring speech recognition in 3 new languages, i.e. Spanish, Italian and Dutch (in addition to English, French and German), and updated CeedVocal SDK for iPhone speech recognition. Thanks to Vocalia, people owning an iPhone v1, 3G or a 2nd generation iPod Touch have access to speech recognition features like on iPhone 3GS.
Vocalia is based on CeedVocal SDK, the speech recognition technology developed by Creaceed for the iPhone. Developers can purchase a commercial license for either a single application, or an unlimited number of applications. CeedVocal SDK is available in the same languages as Vocalia.
What's new in Vocalia 2.1?
* New supported languages: Spanish, Italian and Dutch
* iTunes's Playlists can be accessed by voice
* Vocalia now works while music is playing
Some of Vocalia's features:
* Look for contacts in the address book, and automatically call them
* Look for artists from the iTunes library, and choose which song to play
* Look for bookmarks imported from a Mac/PC, and open them in Safari
* Choose the language for speech recognition: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
* Define additional voice shortcuts for contact names
* Split first and last names of contacts
* Set the navigation mode (voice, manual taps or timer)
* Shake the iPhone to try again
* Activate vibration to know when to start speaking
* Show help messages...
* iPhone and 2nd generation iPod Touch
* For the iPod Touch: a headset with external mic
* iPhone OS X 3.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Vocalia is available for $3.99 (USD) on the App Store. The update is free for current users. Promo codes and high resolution screenshots are available to the media upon request.
Creaceed, a Belgian company with a passionate team experienced in signal and image processing, provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac professionals and consumers: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Magnet, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for scanning documents with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, an English, French and German speech recognition application, to iPhone users, and a speech recognition SDK to iPhone developers. Copyright 2008-2009 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod Touch, iTunes and Safari are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Marketing and Communication Manager