October 29, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Traverse City, Michigan - MacUpdate today introduced MacUpdate Desktop 5, a powerful app that enables users to keep all their Mac software up-to-date with unparalleled ease and accuracy. MacUpdate Desktop brings the convenience of automatic software updates to every Application, Widget, Screen Saver, and Preference Pane.
"MacUpdate is the leading site for finding and tracking Mac software. MacUpdate Desktop leverages our exhaustive database in a format custom suited to every user's needs," said Misha Sakellaropoulo, MacUpdate's COO. "Lots of people are unaware that software they're using is out of date. With MacUpdate Desktop and a few clicks they can identify and download the newest versions and ensure they're taking advantage of the latest features, security, and stability fixes."
MacUpdate Desktop 5 is an all-new application, designed from the ground up to take advantage of the newest Mac OS X technologies. The end result is a class-leading solution packed with features:
* Smart scanning - Searches and matches more than 30,000 pieces of Mac software
* Redesigned user interface - Cleaner and easier to use than ever before
* One-click updating - Download and install updates with a single click (whether it's a single outdated item or all of them)
* Update verification - Confirm which updates were installed successfully
* Archive older versions - In case you need to revert to a previous release of an updated item
* Watch Lists - Organize your apps; sync Watch Lists to macupdate.com for email notifications and more
Pricing and Availability:
MacUpdate Desktop 5 costs $20/year; a fully-functional 10-day trial is available. MacUpdate Desktop 5 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.
MacUpdate was founded in 1997 and has since become the leading Mac software site on the Web. The site remains independently owned and operated and represents one of the largest Apple communities online. MacUpdate Promo was launched in 2006 and delivers 24-hour daily software deals and periodic bundles.