September 24, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
San Jose, CA - September 24, 2007 - app4mac introduces CutX Content Filter 4.0 for Mac OS X. CutX Content Filter is an extended site blocking plugin designed for Apple's Safari web browser. The basic purpose of the plugin is to empower Mac users to view the web as they like. People can block any website with adult contents using keyword lists. IT administrators can block the websites of competitors or entertainment websites like myscape.com (very useful for companies loosing productivity).
With the new version of CutX Content Filter, IT administrators can also setup rules on a remote web server to protect multiple computers.
Main features :
* Designed for Apple Safari web browser.
* Direct integration in the web browser.
* Setup your lists of banned words.
* Setup your lists of banned websites.
* Setup authorized websites.
* Import/Export from a text file.
* Option to setup rules on a remote web server (useful to setup multiple computers).
* Totally configurable security policy.
* Block the access to the preferences with a password.
* Disable the downloading of applications or files.
What's new with version 4.0:
* New engine
* Possibility to block a list of websites
* Possibility to use rules located on a remote server (useful to setup multiple computers)
* Updated user interface
* Bugs fixed
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later version with Safari 2.x. The new version is not yet compatible with Safari 3.0 BETA. app4mac will update CutX when Apple will publish the final version of Safari 3. The update will be free for any CutX user.
Pricing and Availability:
CutX Content Filter 4 may be purchased for $29.00 USD.
app4mac is a company created in 2001 with the goal of providing innovative applications for Mac OS X. We take great pleasure building Mac products. We are committed to creating quality software that will make the Mac even more user-friendly. Our goal is to present our new catalog of solutions. We believe our products will help your company to sell more services and provide more solutions for switchers to the Mac Platform