November 12, 2009 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Chapel Hill, NC - Toughturtle LLC recently released FirePlace 3.0, an update to their hit utility app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, and was selected by Apple as an iTunes Staff Favorite. FirePlace is the go-to App for an instant romantic setting on that special date, to relax on a cold fall/winter night, or whenever.
"It was a very exciting day when Apple chose FirePlace as a Staff Favorite on the AppStore", said Todd Barnes, Lead Developer, Toughturtle LLC. "I knew that the new version of the App would be well received by the public, but I was not expecting to get chosen for one of the most coveted spots in iTunes."
"This version of FirePlace is a complete re-write of the previous versions of the App.", said Todd Barnes. "I wanted to give the 24,000 users a more customizable and friendly experience to what the previous versions offered. I understand that FirePlace is known as a 'Gimmick App'. But from what users have told me over the past year, the FirePlace App experience, or App life span, lasts much longer than the traditional 'Gimmick App'. Some users are using FirePlace to fall asleep at night and in their cubicles during work hours for the relaxing ambiance."
The new version of FirePlace comes with the following features:
* Beautiful fire animation
* A perfect accompanying crackle
* In-App iPod access. Create a custom music queue from your own iPod library to play as background music. Play music, audiobooks, podcasts, and more.
* Ten provided background tracks. Six for the holiday season, one funky music sound track, and more.
* Auto-extinguish timer. Set the timer to turn off the App for when you fall asleep to the roaring blaze
* Sound controls and music access from a hide-able toolbar
* In-App emailing for support, iTunes reviews, and more
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
FirePlace 3.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through App Store in the Utilities category.
Established in November 1997, Toughturtle LLC develops innovative and easy to use interactive applications for the Internet and for Mobile Devices. For more information about Toughturtle, please visit their website. Copyright (C) 1997-2009 Toughturtle LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.