November 19, 2009 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] New Rochelle, New York - MultiEducator today introduces Builder Pro 1.0, their new builder's calcuation, formulation and reference tool for iPhone and iPod Touch. Builder Pro is the perfect tool for any builder. It allows a builder to both do any calculations he needs or look up any code information right on his or her iPhone or iPod Touch.
Builder Pro combines the formulas from our basic Builder program and adds the first Six Chapters of the International Building Code- which have been adopted by most states in the US, as well as many places worldwide. Over the coming months the program will be expanded to include the whole code. Also included is a special section of charts from the code AND the American for Disabilities Act Codes and Drawings. Further, Builder Pro includes the complete HVAC Pro, with HVAC formulas, as well as the full International Mechanical Code.
Our Electrical Pro application is also included in Builder Pro, which currently contains parts of the National Electric Code (in the future the code will be completed.) The program also includes the Carpentry and Plumbing programs that in the future will include the International Plumbing and Fire Codes. When all of the codes are all completed, the price of Builder Pro will go up- and all current users will receive FREE upgrades.
Formulas in the ELECTRICAL SECTION calculate kilowatts, horsepower, efficiency, power factor, watts, amps, current, power, resistance, and voltage. This section contains formulas to calculate total resistance, capacitance, voltage drops, and transformer calculations.
The CARPENTRY SECTION contains formulas that calculate the number of joists and studs required on a job. ARCHITECTs Formulator aids users to calculate the load on headers or the cost of hardwood flooring. There are even formulas to calculate the loads on walls and loads on beams.
The formulas in the PLUMBING section calculate areas of pipe walls and the weights of different pipes. Builder's Formulator is able to calculate the final temperature when two bodies of water are mixed. In this section, there are also formulas to calculate the expansion of pipes, radiant heat and heat loss cooling requirements, head loss and fresh air in room requirements.
Feature Highlights include:
* Concrete and Excavations: Calculate excavation or filling soil, amount of concrete required and number bricks required, concrete and steel design, parking area and sidewalk design and swimming pool design.
* Electrical: Calculate kilowatts, horsepower, efficiency, generators, motors, transformers, power factor, watts, amps, current, power, resistance, and voltage drop.
* Carpentry: Calculate number of joists and studs required, as well as calculate the loads on walls and loads on beams
* Plumbing: Calculate areas of pipe walls and the weights of different pipes, final temperature when two bodies of water are mixed, expansion of pipes, radiant heat and heat loss cooling requirements, head loss and fresh air in room requirements.
* HVAC: Calculates Air Change, Airside, Boilers, Ductwork, Energy Values, Heating Design, Heating Requirements, Humidity, Loads, Piping, Refrigeration, Steam, Temperature, Waterside Systems
The program will eventually include the complete International Building Code, Electrical Code, Plumbing Code, Mechanical Code, Energy Code, Fire and Elevator Code.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Builder Professional 1.0 for iPhone is $17.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store. The program will be updated monthly to include additional content, as outlined above.
Located in New Rochelle, New York, MultiEducator is a privately funded company founded in 1994 by Amy Erani and Marc Schulman. MultiEducator's goal is to enable students to learn history in a completely new way. Throughout MultiEducator's years in business, the company has continuously expanded its services and product line. In the summer of 2008. The company sold its HistoryShopping site to concentrate on the content part of the business. It then started its newest division devleoping software for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch. In October 2008 it released its first iPhone application, Formulator. As one of the earliest producers of multimedia software, MultiEducator has been providing schools and the general public with rich, compelling history software for almost two decades. Copyright 2008-2009 MultiEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.