November 23, 2009 in Hardware (E)
[prMac.com] Raleigh, NC - IntelliScanner Corporation, creators of award-winning scanners and software that organize everything, today unveiled the new Wine Collector mini, a smart barcode scanner and software package that automatically organizes wine collections with barcode technology. By scanning the retail barcode found on most bottles of wine, Wine Collector offers easy, comprehensive organization and a Virtual Cellar for visualizing collections.
"IntelliScanner's Wine Collector mini is impossibly tiny and built to travel," said Travis J. Hicks, Chief Operating Officer. "Our smallest, most powerful wine scanner yet features a powerful scanning engine for scanning any wine bottle, an integrated rechargeable battery, and a fast USB 2.0 interface for downloading your scans. And for the first time, our new Special Edition model includes essential accessories like custom asset tags printed on demand and a velvet carrying pouch."
Wine Collector mini includes wine database software for organizing any size collection. Using an integrated database of over 67,000 wines, IntelliScanner features automatic identification of scanned bottles with details like the name, varietal, winery, country, type, color, and region; integrated maturity calculation tells you the best time to open the bottle.
Wine Collector mini - Features and Benefits:
* Scanner and software in one box - scan the bottle to automatically organize wine
* Rechargeable and USB powered with a built-in memory chip for scanning anywhere
* Included software automatically identifies name, varietal, winery, country, and other details
* Calculate optimal drinking times with a color-coded maturity indicator
* Virtual Cellar shows you where bottles are located, in racks or on shelves
* Advanced reporting tools create detailed reports on paper
* IntelliScanner Publishing offers a free web site to share your collections
* Free iPhone web app gives access to your collections anywhere
* Available custom printed asset tags for tagging bottles without barcodes
* Cross-platform for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Wine Collector mini is cross-platform for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7 and requires an available USB port for syncing and recharging. Internet access is also required.
Pricing and Availability:
IntelliScanner's Wine Collector mini is new for the 2009 holiday season, bundling an ultra-portable mini barcode scanner and wine organization software in a custom-built wine crate, for $279 USD.
Wine Collector Special Edition, also new for the 2009 holiday season, includes the above items, a roll of 500 custom printed barcode tags (customizable with any name), a velvet pouch for the scanner, and additional software for organizing books, movies, music, groceries, and other household items. The special edition of Wine Collector is available for a limited time, and priced at $329 USD. Wine Collector is also available from Wine Enthusiast(tm) catalog.
IntelliScanner organizes everything with smart barcode scanners and software for home, business, and education. The company's award-winning tools for PC and Mac organize book collections, wine, groceries, DVDs, comics, CDs, home assets, business inventory, and more. Copyright (C) 2009 IntelliScanner Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.