February 12, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the Strata Foto 3D for Macintosh. Strata Foto 3D is a powerful tool for creating professional quality 3D content from still images. A wide range of objects can be modelled including those with holes and ‘difficult’ organic shapes. Using a conventional camera, photos of your object on a printed mat are taken from a number of viewpoints in front of a plain backdrop. The shape of the object and its surface colour are automatically extracted from each photo and this information is used to build a high quality 3D object.
Strata Foto 3D is an efficient photo-based system for modelling real world objects. Powered by patented model generation and sophisticated texturing technology, Foto 3D allows a 3D model to be created quickly and inexpensively while requiring no technical skill or expensive hardware. Foto 3D creates models that can be displayed and used in a variety of applications. The model can be imported into a 3D editing and rendering software such as Strata 3D CX for further enhancement and for it to be used in scenes and rendered. Finally, the model can be imported into Strata Live 3D for interactive 3D display within a website, Flash file, or an Adobe Acrobat PDF document without any plug-ins.
- Automated Masking - With the proper backdrop, Foto 3D does an excellent job of identifying your background and masking out your object automatically.
– Surface Optimisation - Using the profile of your shape in each photo, Foto 3D automatically generates an accurate surface mesh. The more photos you have, the more accurate the mesh.
– Auto Texture Creation - Using the same images, Foto 3D generates a photo-realistic UV map for your object.
– Interactive Decimation - When it comes to the web, size matters. Foto 3D allows you to interactively control the number of polygons used to represent your object.
– Lens Calibration - Foto 3D can correct for distorted, skewed, and images suffering from Fish-Eye distortion for the best possible interpretation of your images.
Macintosh: Power Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later (10.4.x Recommended), Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.4 or later, 512 MB RAM, 75 MB free disk space, Monitor resolution of 1024x768
Windows: Windows XP, Windows 2000 with SP 4 or later, Pentium Compatible or better,, 256 MB RAM, 330 MB free disk space, VGA colour display with 800x600 resolution
Strata Live 3D version 1.2 has been released including several stability fixes and modifications to support Acrobat Reader 8.
Features of Strata Live 3D include:
- Plug-in free Web 3D - Since Strata Live 3D models export to simple Java applets, they’ll play problem-free in virtually every browser released since 1997 and no plug-ins are required.
- Plug-in free 3D PDFs - Live 3D objects embedded in PDF documents. Spice up product manuals, annual reports, new product announcements, and more.
- 3D Anywhere - Export animated models to the web, PDFs, PowerPoint, animated GIFs and more.
- Live Sketches - Live 3D also offers a sketch mode in addition to realistic rendering. You can even render sketches over the realistically shaded or flat shaded model.
- Full Decimation Controls - Interactively reduce polygon counts in any model to ensure fast interaction, no matter what size the model was originally.
Macintosh: Power Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.3 or higher, 256 MB RAM, 45 MB free disk space, Monitor resolution of 800x600 or better, Java 1.4.2 required (available through Apple software update)
Windows: Windows XP, Windows 2000 with SP 4 or later, Pentium Compatible or better, 256 MB RAM, 45 MB free disk space, VGA colour display with, 800x600 resolution
This update is free to current Strata Live 3D users.
The complete line of Strata products is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.