December 9, 2009 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Traverse City, Michigan - MacUpdate today launched its newest bundle promotion, delivering 11 of the most appealing independent Mac apps for just $49.99. The bundle includes a little bit of everything, from some of the most highly most acclaimed utilities on the Mac to brand new favorites and a few of the most vaunted titles of the year.
"I'm excited to call our third annual holiday bundle the best one yet," said Nate Houle, general manager of MacUpdate Promo. "The broad appeal and caliber of apps we have put together is unsurpassed and they have never been offered at such a deep discount before."
Included in the 2009 Holiday Bundle are:
* PathFinder 5.5 ($39.95) - Powerful, award-winning Finder alternative. PathFinder combines the best features of Mac OS X's Finder with powerful additions to make browsing and managing your Mac better than ever.
Notable mentions: MacUser UK 5 out of 5... MacFormat 4.5 out of 5... Macworld 4 out of 5... ATPM "Excellent"... "Path Finder... absolutely embarrasses the Mac OS X Finder with its huge feature set." - John Siracusa, ArsTechnica
* Socialite ($20.00) - Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Digg, Google Reader... Socialite beautifully covers all your social networking bases.
Notable mentions: "Socialite is a solid Mac app with a great look and feel and great integration with different social services." Christina, Warren, Mashabale
* Yep 2 ($39.00) - Scan, store, tag, organize, and manage all the documents on your Mac.
Notable mentions (previous version): MacFormat 5 out of 5... MacUser UK 4 out of 5.
* Speed Download ($25.00) - Versatile download manager and accelerator. Manage and accelerate all of your downloads; FTP, file sharing, WEBDAV support and more.
Notable mentions: MacNotes.de 5 out of 5... MacCompanion 5 out of 5.
* Radio Gaga ($39.99) - Internet radio multi-recorder with 10,000+ stations. Never run out of music with Radio Gaga; listen and record from thousands of choices.
Notable mentions: MacUser UK 4 out of 5.
* GarageSale ($34.99) - Create outstanding eBay auctions. Includes a free upgrade to version 6, arriving next year!
Notable mentions: MacUser UK 5 out of 5... Macworld 4 out of 5... MacWelt: "Very good".
* iRip ($19.00) - Copy songs from your iPod to Mac. The most trusted music transfer ripper in the world with over 5 million downloads!
* DragThing ($29.00) - Tidy up your desktop with this versatile launcher. Macworld's Jason Snell calls DragThing, "one of my favorite Mac utilities of all time."
Notable mentions: MacUser UK 5 out of 5... Macworld 4.5 out of 5.
* HealthNut ($19.00) - Easily track your calories and nutrients. Keep your New Year's Resolution with this new tool for logging what you eat and learning your nutrient intake.
* PCalc 3.5 ($19.00) - Fully featured scientific calculator. The standard against which all other scientific calculators are measured.
Notable mentions: Macworld 4.5 out of 5... MacUser 4 out of 5.
* Machinarium ($19.95) - Award-winning puzzle/adventure game. Challenge your brain and stimulate your senses with this one-of-a-kind adventure.
Notable mentions: MacFormat 5 out of 5... The AV Club "A"... Metacritic "90".
"The true value of a bundle is in both the quality and appeal of the apps, as well as its sheer dollar value," said Misha Sakellaropoulo, COO of MacUpdate. "The 11 apps in our 2009 Holiday Bundle have routinely been voted favorites by the media and users alike and are among the best examples of independent software that exists on the Mac today. We're thrilled to be working with so many terrific partners to make this deal possible for Mac users everywhere."
Pricing and Availability:
The MacUpdate Holiday Bundle, worth over $300, is available for $49.99 (USD) through December 23, 2009, exclusively at MUPromo.com. Additional apps and other bonuses may be available on a limited basis during the bundle, so interested buyers should get on board early to ensure they receive them all! The Holiday Bundle makes a great gift for Mac novices and veterans alike, and in the spirit of the season every customer who purchases three bundles will receive a fourth bundle, free!
MacUpdate was founded in 1997 and has since become the leading Mac software site on the Web. The site remains independently owned and operated and represents one of the largest Apple communities online. Now in its fourth year, MacUpdate Promo delivers daily software deals to Mac users and value-packed bundles periodically throughout the year.