December 22, 2009 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Fayette, Alabama - Russell Wilson today released Mahjong Wall, a new game app for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch based on his original Chinese tile game Mah Jongg Wall. Mahjong Wall for the iPhone and iPod touch was designed for shorter periods of cell phone play while still offering more mystery, strategy, and challenge than other mahjong tile games. Mahjong Wall for the iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the App Store.
Mahjong Wall gameplay includes building the Great Wall by removing matching free pairs of tiles, changing Season tiles and using Special Moves to free blocked tiles, and completing the Wall by deducing the Joker's mystery partner. Mahjong Wall includes popup help while learning the game, awesome animation, and great sound effects that play along with your iPod music.
Features of Mahjong Wall for the iPhone and iPod touch include:
* 10 tile sets
* 15 Oriental background paintings
* 200 ancient proverbs from the Old Master for games won
* Unavailable tiles are dimmed
* Different highlight colors for Seasons (cyan), Dragons (orange), and other tiles (green)
* Yellow highlighting cautions you of unwise moves
* Each swipe right shows next free pair
* Each swipe left will undo previous moves
* Swipes up/down change opacity of paintings (solid colors and tinted paintings possible)
* Change tile sets and paintings during games
* Start current game over
* Current game state saved
* Sound effects play along with iPod music (Settings option)
* New games can use random tile sets and/or paintings (Settings option)
* Popup Help displays gameplay tips while you learn the game (Settings option)
* iPhone or iPod touch 2.2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Mahjong Wall 1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. You can request a Promo Code to download Mahjong Wall for free on the App Store. Please include verifiable credentials for free Promo Code. If you do not use an email app, use the Contact page to make your request. Screenshots, videos, the Help file, and more can be found on the Games page and Media Room.
Russell Wilson created the original Mah Jongg Wall as shareware for desktop computers in the late 1990's. Mah Jongg Wall received a review in GAMES magazine (June/1998); became a ZDNet Editor's Pick and ZDNet Shareware Awards Finalist; and was published and sold as Mah Jongg Magic by COSMI/Swift in retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Copyright (C) 2009 Russell Wilson. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.