December 22, 2009 in Finance (E)
[prMac.com] Charlotte, NC - Turing Studios today released FuturesLive, an innovative futures and commodities application for the iPhone. It comes preloaded with hundreds of futures which are automatically updated with the latest front month and the latest future chains from our back-end systems.
"FuturesLive is truly a unique product in Apple's app store", said Alfonso Acevedo, Software Architect for Turing Studios. "There really is nothing that comes close to the capabilities that FuturesLive can achieve when it comes to futures trading. We created FuturesLive with the idea that the user should not worry about updating the front month or figuring out what day the contract expires. FuturesLive automatically handles all that for the user."
FuturesLive allows the user to keep track of future contracts and commodities from wherever the user may be. With a detailed, fast and smooth interface, FuturesLive contains quotes from hundreds of future contracts from all the major exchanges including CME and NYM. This advanced and detailed application comes loaded with charts, future chains, quotes, contract specs, detailed data, news, and much more.
With FuturesLive, users can create an unlimited number of portfolios in which they can add any future contract to it. All the user has to do is search for the future and it will automatically add it to that portfolio, including the future spec data and the whole future chain. Detailed data is available for each future contract month. The trademark ChartDesigner and NewsReader are both included to make FuturesLive the only finance iPhone app that traders will need.
"A powerful feature of FuturesLive is the back-end system that supports it", said Alfonso Acevedo. "It allows us to add any future to the system, which will automatically be available to the user, without the need for an upgrade to FuturesLive, thus saving precious time for the user."
Here are just a few of the amazing features of FuturesLive 1.0:
* Detailed screens filled with data yet easy to read with a smooth, elegant interface.
* Support for hundreds of futures available from all the major exchanges including CME, NYM, CBOT, CMX, NYB, and more!
* Full future chain display with detailed data for each future contract in the chain, including quotes, charts, day high/low, future specs, and much more.
* Keep notes on each future contract for later referral.
* Ships with pre-loaded portfolios for Energy, Metals, Grains, Livestock, Softs, Currency and Indices.
* Ability to create your own portfolios to add ANY future you want up to a maximum of 50!
* Clear visual cues that help you distinguish between expired and non-expired futures, and front months.
* Automatically updates front month contract and updates/deletes futures as they expire.
* Keeps up to 6 expired futures with latest quote data available with ability to set this number from 0 to 6 expired futures to show in future chain.
* Watchlist section in which you can add any future, including specific month contract, and be able to arrange them however you want or have FuturesLive automatically group them for you by Energy, Metals, Grains, etc.
* Comes with chart designer to create and save your own chart designs and apply them to any future in your portfolios.
* Built-in news reader with article preview and full article display in the app.
* Ability to control the frequency of quote updates so you can balance update speed with battery consumption.
* Fast, crash free performance.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
* Internet connectivity
Pricing and Availability:
FuturesLive 1.0 is only $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category.
Turing Studios is an innovative software development company operating out of Charlotte, NC. All our developers are highly skilled and collectively we have over 20 years of experience on Wall Street, developing enterprise level, real-time high performance trading systems. Along with PortfolioLive we have a number of products in the works and recently we developed ClayTracker, a complete scoring system for clay shooting sports for ExpoGo of Wilmington, NC. Copyright 2009 Turing Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.