December 23, 2009 in Publishing (F)
[prMac.com] Prague/Seattle - DTP Tools announces the immediate availability of Blatner Tools 1.0, a suite of 12 InDesign plug-ins. This collection offers over 100 new features for InDesign users, including the ability to create color and style reports, create fractions automatically, build character and paragraph styles and apply them across an entire document quickly, and more. These features were perfected (and more features added) during a six-week public beta period this fall.
The Blatner Tools suite was designed by longtime industry guru David Blatner, who also co-hosts the InDesignSecrets.com site. Blatner noted, "I love InDesign, but there's plenty of room for improvement! Blatner Tools adds many of the features my clients and students have been requesting for years. Tools to create and manage styles better, the ability to find and replace colors, to quickly identify hard-to-locate document errors - this stuff was painful before, but Blatner Tools makes it all easy!" In the current economy, every second counts, and Blatner Tools is all about maximizing productivity, efficiency, and quality.
Blatner Tools includes too many features to list here, but here are some of the most important functions:
* Analyze documents to automatically create and apply character and paragraph styles
* Find Color lets you find colors - even spot colors inside placed graphics
* An Extras menu provides quick access to scripts
* Compare Styles shows how two or more styles are different
* Remove Local Formatting can strip unwanted text formatting out of an entire document
* History Lite offers an easy to use Undo/Redo panel
* AutoPage lets text frames extend and auto-thread to new pages to avoid overset text
* Text Controls gives you powerful tools for fast and precise text formatting
* You can apply any keyboard shortcut you want to layers, styles, and even color swatches
* One-click formatting for professional looking fractions
* Live "quality assurance" finds common typographic and document errors
This is just a fraction of what Blatner Tools offers. We encourage you to visit our website to download the free trial version, see more detailed feature lists, or to watch tutorial videos made by David Blatner.
About David Blatner
David Blatner is the world's most-recognized authority on Adobe InDesign. He is the author of 15 books, the co-host of InDesignSecrets, and the editorial director of InDesign Magazine. Over a half-million copies of his books are in print in 16 languages, winning him awards and praise from readers. He has spoken at conferences and workshops around North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Japan, and South Africa.
Pricing And Availability:
Single license price is Euro 99 / $149, 14-days trial version for InDesign CS3 and CS4, and for Mac OS and Windows, is available for immediate download.
DTP Tools is a leading provider of InDesign and InCopy solutions. With widely-renowned plug-ins such as History, Cross-References, and Page Control, we help make tens of thousands of worldwide InDesign users more efficient and more fun. Check out our site to find how our other plug-ins can help you save more time and money in the production process!