December 30, 2009 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Bridgewater, New Jersey - 288 Vroom LLC today is delighted to introduce 100 Horror Stories And Sounds 1.0, a slick new eBook reader and sound effects player for iPhone and iPod touch. Developed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities, 100 Horror Stories And Sounds is for the horror fan in everyone.
The Stories are some of the creepiest fright fests of all time, including Ghost Stories, Tales Of The Supernatural, Classic Gothic, Vampires, Werewolves, Monsters, and more from authors like Shelley, Stoker, Poe, and 37 other great authors. Boasting a library of 100 (and growing) great Horror short stories, novellas, and full-length novels, quite possibly makes 100 Horror Stories And Sounds the largest stand alone horror collection for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The Sounds are high-quality sounds and they set the perfect mood for a good horror story. There is a current total of 20 Sounds (with more on the way) of thunderstorms, screams, ghostly music, and things that go bump in the night that can be played while reading or anytime.
100 Horror Stories And Sounds' simple, yet haunting interface is easy to use and offers 2 scrolling modes (Continuous and Page by Page) and adjustable story text size for easy reading. Stories are automatically bookmarked as necessary too, making it easy for readers to come back where they left off at any time.
Sample of some of the authors and their stories:
* Ambrose Bierce (An Unfinished Race, The Damned Thing, Present At A Hanging, and more)
* Algernon Blackwood (Sand, The Damned, and more)
* John Kendrick Bangs (The Exorcism That Failed, The Ghost Club, and more)
* Gelett Burgess (The Ghost-Extinguisher)
* Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol, and more)
* Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Horror Of The Heights, The Parasite, and more)
* Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, The Specter Bridegroom)
* Henry James (The Turn Of The Screw)
* Rudyard Kipling (The Phantom 'Rickshaw)
* Joseph Sheridan LeFanu (Carmilla, The Mysterious Lodger, and more)
* Gaston Leroux (The Phantom Of The Opera)
* Charles Robert Maturin (Melmoth The Wanderer)
* Rose Cecil O'Neil (The Lady And The Ghost)
* Edgar Allan Poe (The Cask Of Amontillado, The Fall Of The House Of Usher, The Murders In The Rue Morgue, The Oblong Box, and more)
* Sir Walter Scott (The Tapestried Chamber)
* Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Frankenstein)
* Robert Louis Stevenson (The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde)
* Bram Stoker (Dracula, Dracula's Guest)
* Mark Twain (A Curious Dream, A Ghost Story)
* H.G. Wells (The Stolen Body, The Valley Of Spiders, and more)
* Oscar Wilde (The Canterville Ghost, The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
* AND MANY MORE
"After creating our first #1 Paid Book App, the multi-genre 301 Short Stories, we realized that there was a desire for an app that featured a large collection of great horror stories. While watching a horror movie late one night, I realized the sounds of the movie were sometimes the scariest parts...100 Horror Stories And Sounds came to life. I hope users enjoy it as much as I do." said Gregg Levine, founder of 288 Vroom LLC.
* Extensive and expanding library of Horror Stories and Sounds
* Short Stories, Novelettes, and Full-Length Novels
* Easy to use and great looking, but eerie interface (not for the weak at heart)
* Play high-quality sounds any time or while you read
* Adjustable story text size
* 2 scrolling modes - Continuous and Page by Page
* Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
* ALL future updates, including story and sound additions, are included with initial purchase
* A few extra surprises, which would be no fun to mention here
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
100 Horror Stories And Sounds 1.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story and sound additions, are included with initial purchase.
Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, 288 Vroom LLC is a privately held corporation founded in 2009 by Gregg Levine. With over ten years working for major pharmaceutical and wireless communication companies, Gregg's aim is developing unique and useful software for the iPhone platform, complemented by first-class customer support. An aspiring fiction writer, Gregg Levine felt that with his development and business experience and love of literature, creating great book apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch was a perfect place to start. 288 Vroom's first app, 301 Short Stories, was featured in 'What's Hot' on iTunes and became a #1 Top Paid Book App. Copyright (C) 2009 288 Vroom LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.