January 7, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Minsk, Belarus - Happymagenta is pleased to announce that its networking utility Scany, has ranked as the top selling networking app in the US iTunes Store. This state of the art and extremely powerful networking utility searches the Internet, LAN or any network range for connected hosts and devices, services they run and lots of other interesting information. In addition to holding its position among the top 5 networking utilities for more than 100 days, Scany has been featured by Apple in the "What's Hot" category and reached into the Top 100 Paid Apps ranking in the US reaching the #6 position in the Utilities category.
Perfect for IT administrators on-the-go and casual use alike, Scany offers a natural, easy-to-use interface and features a state-of-the-art asynchronous network engine backed by over 15 years of networking experience. It can scan by either IP address or any IP network range (both LAN and WAN) for hosts and services and can run in several different modes. Besides Mac and PC hostnames, Scany recognizes names of networking capable devices such as game consoles, media servers, TVs, receivers, players, printers, web cameras, routers, switches and many others.
With Scany's integrated whois, it is the ultimate tool to access virtually all info about a given host that can be discovered over a network. Easily scan for hostname, IP address, IP network range, autonomous system (AS) number, reverse hostname (PTR DNS record), Bonjour or Windows (NetBIOS) hostname, country of the network owner, services host runs (TCP and UDP open ports), firewall detection results, ping test results as well as MAC address and vendor.
* Scan both LAN and the Internet
* Scan any IP address or network range
* Bonjour hostnames lookup
* Windows (NetBIOS, Samba) hostnames lookup
* Device names lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
* Country of origin detection of the network owner
* Network range and AS number lookup
* MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
* Wake on LAN/Wi-Fi for hosts with MAC addresses
* Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
* WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses, ASNs
* Group results into multiple histories
* E-mail scan results
* Predefined services for your convenience
* Possibility to add custom services
* Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
* Faster asynchronous network I/O
* Works with Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE and GPRS
* Eye-pleasing interface design
Displays host information (when available):
* IP address
* IP network range
* Autonomous system (AS) number
* Reverse hostname (PTR DNS record)
* Bonjour hostname
* Windows hostname
* Device name (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
* Country of the network owner
* Services host runs (TCP and UDP open ports)
* Firewall detection results
* Ping test results
* MAC address and vendor
Version 1.4 sports many key new features and UI improvements. Scany can now handle device name lookups (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA), detect some non-recursive DNS servers, as well as detect pingability for broken routers. The application also shows more info in extended list mode, with the option for compact or extended host lists. There is also the option to skip any lookups (find IPs only) and it offers the ability to sort hosts by ip address (in edit mode).
* Device name lookup (UPnP, SSDP, DLNA)
* Detect some non-recursive DNS servers
* Detect pingability for broken routers
* Show more info in extended list mode
* Option for compact or extended host lists
* Option to skip any lookups (find IPs only)
* Sort hosts by ip address (in edit mode)
"More and more people are now plugging media servers, TVs, game consoles and other devices into their home networks," said Pavel Ahafonau, founder and CEO of Happymagenta. "As a result, we made our network scanner to recognize such devices and their names instead of just reporting anonymous IP addresses."
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
* 2.7 MB
* Internet Connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE, GPRS)
Pricing and Availability:
Scany 1.4 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in historic Minsk, Belarus, Happymagenta is a privately-held company founded in 2006 by software developer Pavel Ahafonau. With a focus on the iPhone platform, Happymagenta was formed by a group of highly skilled software engineers who love programming and have a passion to create unique applications. Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Happymagenta Project. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.