January 11, 2010 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Sungai Buloh, Malaysia - Independent iPhone game developer, Emir F Samsuddin, announced today that Arkaneum Merchant is available for sale in the Apple's App Store. This is a simple, yet fun and mind stimulating puzzle board game that is based on the traditional game of Mancala, with some twists! Utilizing the excellent iPhone's touch screen interface, the game is very relaxing to play.
The story - You are a drone operator for a space merchant who harvests and resells precious space ores called Arkaneum. However, in order to collect the ores, you need to compete for them in the style of the traditional Mancala. The goal is to collect as much profits as possible for yourself, and at the same time, teleporting as much ores as possible back to your base. There is always a chance to win the competition even it does not look good near the end - just look out for the rare Arkaneum alloy - the Arkanites. Capture them and you will get huge profits.
The game features:
* Cute and cool graphics and sound effects
* Single player and turn-based against the computer
* A great time waster and mind simulator - involve basic mind-math (counting before moves)
* Two Modes to play against the computer - Novice (non thinking computer) and Expert (thinking computer)
* Quick play mode (by selecting lesser ores in Options) is perfect to pass time while waiting for someone or something
* Multi characters choices (more will be added in future updates)
* High Score record and ranks are given to you based on the profits you acquire
* A How-To-Play Information inside the game
"Arkaneum Merchant is a fun game to develop since it is quite simple but yet enjoyable to play, even while debugging. I am very surprised at the power of iPhone development in creating games - how effortless it is to create seamless and smooth animations. Being the first iPhone game created, I am very satisfied with the outcome of Arkaneum Merchant, and hope the public will love playing it."
* iPhone or iPod touch 2.2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Arkaneum Merchant 1.0 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
The developer has been involved in making utility software for more than 10 years, mostly in Windows desktop platform and Windows Mobile platform, using Delphi and Lazarus. And, recently the developer started to develop for Apple's iPhone platform this year. The developer also worked in developing games for Windows platform for a few years. Copyright (C) 2010 Emir F Samsuddin. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.