February 3, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Swansea, United Kingdom - Cute Logic today is pleased to announce Lexo and Lexo LE, fun and addictive word games for iPhone and iPod touch. Lexo features simple, yet challenging gameplay in which players unscramble mixed up letters to reveal a hidden word. Players can choose between four different game modes and can opt to play with words from 3 difficulty levels. Lexo tracks the player's progress and can display a host of statistics as they work their way through the game.
Four Game Modes
Lexo features four game modes, each designed to appeal in different situations. In 'Endurance', players attempt to solve as many words as possible within a reducing time limit. For players with only a few moments to spare, 'Against The Clock' challenges them to unscramble as many words as possible within a three minute time limit. For a quick way to warm up a sluggish brain, Lexo offers 'Time Trial' in which players solve five words as quickly as possible. Lexo recognises that, sometimes, scores and time limits are unimportant and the pleasure lies purely in the challenge of discovering the hidden words. For such occasions, Lexo provides 'No Pressure.'
Three Difficulty Levels
The words Lexo challenges the player to solve have been manually reviewed and graded into three difficulty levels. 'Easy' words tend to be shorter and more common. 'Hard' words are longer and more unusual.
Lexo and Lexo LE
Lexo features 4000 words graded into 1500 Easy, 1500 Medium and 1000 Hard words. The free Lexo LE has exactly the same functionality but is limited to 400 words (200 Easy, 100 Medium and 100 Hard.)
* Simple and naturalistic gameplay - players drag letter tiles into order to find hidden words
* 4 game modes: Endurance, Against The Clock, Time Trial and No Pressure
* 4000 words manually reviewed and graded into 3 difficulty levels (paid version of Lexo); 400 words for the free Lexo
* Spellings localized for UK, US, Canadian and Australian English
* Tracks statistics for each game mode and words played and solved at each difficulty level
* Players may brag about their achievements via email (requires OS 3.0 or above)
* Lexo and Lexo LE require any iPhone or iPod touch with OS 2.2.1, or higher
* OS 3.0 or higher is required to 'brag' achievements via email.
Pricing and Availability
Lexo and Lexo LE are available now on the App Store. US pricing for Lexo is $2.99 (USD). Lexo LE is free.
Cute Logic is a new company formed specially to make apps for iPhone. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.