May 13, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Parede, Portugal - SintraWorks today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Metron 2.1, an update to their professional digital metronome for iPhone and iPod touch. The brainchild of a classically trained musician, Metron aids in the practice of runs, excerpts and complete compositions. Featuring an intuitive front panel, you can launch and start practicing instantly, while an organized back panel provides access to powerful extra features.
In addition to the usual single and multiple beat ticks of digital metronomes, Metron offers complex time signatures with beat grouping and dynamic accellerando and ritardando through a high-precision playback engine. A bar based sequencer offers detailed control over tempo changes, rhythmic patterns, sounds, volume and colour. Additionally, Metron incorporates a pitch pipe that can be calibrated to cent level.
New in version 2.1:
* Setlists: You can now create, edit and easily navigate setlists
* Enhanced tuplets. Create any type of tuplet
* Rhythm pattern templates to speed up entry of commonly used rhythm patterns (use the built-in templates or create your own)
* Pitch pipe base frequency can now be adjusted (in addition to the individual pitch adjustments)
* Pitch pipe remembers settings between sessions
Features in Detail
* Portrait and landscape mode
* Tempo from 10 to 400 Beats Per Minute (effectively 2.5 to 800)
* Accelerando and ritardando ("Variance")
* Specify a factor between one quarter (0.25) and double (2.0) the current tempo (Useful when practicing complex sequences)
* Tap the tap pad to set the tempo
* Visual beat feedback in addition to clear and crisp audio pulses
* Fully customisable sound, volume and feedback colour on any beat and/or its rhythmic subdivisions
* Setlists navigation
* Create your own library with any number of sequences. A set with the most commonly used time signatures is included by default
* Create sequences with any number of bars
* Each sequence can set a countdown, a start tempo, a variance and whether the metronome stops at the end of the sequence or repeats the sequence from the beginning
* Each bar consists of one or more time signatures and can set a tempo and a variance starting on any beat. A bar can be set to play up to a 110 times
* A time signature can have between 1 and 64 beats over a dotted or undotted denominator (examples: 7/4, 2/8., 9/32, 1/2., 3/1)
* A time signature can be subdivided into beat groups, allowing you to set an accent on any beat you wish, since grouping beats affects metronome playback. Metron differentiates between the first beat, stressed beats and unstressed beats, so you always know where in the bar you are
* Each beat in a time signature can be further customised into a rhythmic pattern (like triplets or swing, or most any pattern you like). You can assign a custom color, sound and volume to any beat or any rhythmic component of a beat. You are in control. You can keep it as simple as you like, or make it as intricate as you need
* Mix bars of different meters and tempi at will, and interpolate between tempi between any two points in a score
* Create and edit setlists
* Plays any pitch from octave 0 to octave 8
* Reference pitch: A4 = 440Hz by default. Adjustable
* Adjustable target pitch (per Hertz or per cent level)
* Choice of note names: C D E ... etc, Do Re Mi ... etc.
* iPhone or iPod touch
* iPhone OS X 3.0 later
* 3.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Metron 2.0 is available at the iTunes App Store for $2.99 (USD) in the Music category.
Located in beautiful Parede, Portugal, SintraWorks is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Antonio Nunes. Committed to providing the highest quality software, SintraWorks' focus is developing productivity solutions for the Mac and iPhone platforms, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2006-2009 SintraWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.