June 18, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - EigerStudios today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of PhotoToolsPro 1.0, its photographic application for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Serving as a complete suite of tools for advanced amateurs to working pros, PhotoToolsPro will help you manage all of the crucial information that you need about every image you create - and it will automate the Zone System for you!
PhotoToolsPro is like your old moleskin notebook but even better with professional level note taking, a built in Zone System and exposure calculator, a vibration sensor, level, gear information database, references tips and much, much more. PhotoToolsPro has become a very important tool for both traditional analog and digital photographers thanks to its ease of use and complete suite of tools.
Professional Level Note Taker:
* Keep track of your images as you take them
* Easily record the Camera, Lens, Film and Exposure you used
* Attach Notes in either text, voice or both
* Reference Shot lets you take a picture of the image that you can crop or rotate it so it matches what you are taking with your camera
* Email the final set of Notes to your computer
* Coming Soon - Synchronize your Image Notes with the PhotoToolsPro website
Professional Zone System and Exposure Calculator:
* The Zone System in the palm of your hand
* The Note Taker has an area for recording the exposure. Non-Zone System users can use the Manual Mode; simply indcate your fstop and shutter speed
* Zone System users can specify their Zone 3 and Zone 7 values and the program calculates the exposure and Development (N number) automatically
* Of course there are adjustments for Reciprocity, Bellow Extension and Filter Factors. We said Professional and we meant it
* Every photographer needs this. Is your camera moving? This app will tell you if there is even the slightest vibration
* View camera users can just set it on the bed of the camera. Users of smaller cameras can use a runner's iPhone armband to strap it to the lens or a handy piece of Velcro placed anywhere
* If the phone moves you will get an alarm
* Can you set the sensitivity? Of course you can
* Every photographer needs a level. Whether you are a View Camera user who is lining up his shot, doing the Scheimphlug, or you're using a smaller camera and you want to link images together in a panorama
* Want to make sure the front and back of a view camera are at the same angle? Yes, there are specific angle readouts
* Keep track of all your equipment. Cameras, Lenses and Film are on the iPhone right now. When our site is finished, we'll give you the ability to manage multiple equipment lists, add accessories and personal items
References and Tips
* Online help for each feature, general reference information and a simple description of the Zone System that anyone can follow
* Tips from Lenny Eiger, from his 40 years of photographic experience
* Automatic syncing. As additional Tips and Reference Items are added, they download automatically. Free, of course
PhotoToolsPro was hand-crafted by working professional photographers who have already come to rely on this app's ease of use and complete feature set. Get PhotoToolsPro today and take your photography to the next level.
"This is a solid, full-featured app, written by photographers for photographers," said Lenny Eiger, EigerStudios CEO. "We spent a year getting each piece right, and useable. Its for photographers who want to improve by keeping track of what they are doing. It has the Zone System built in, a Vibration Sensor and a Level, all the tools a serious amateur or serious Pro needs for every shot, in the palm of their hand."
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 1.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PhotoToolsPro is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
EigerStudios is a museum-quality drum scanning and printing atelier. It was established in 2004 and is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco, California in the USA. Copyright (C) 2010 EigerStudios, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.