September 15, 2010 in Financial (E)
[prMac.com] Putney, Vermont - IGG Software today announced the release of iBank 4.0, a full-version upgrade to its popular, Mac-only money management program. Faster, more powerful and more full-featured than prior versions, iBank 4 delivers multiple enhancements alongside existing features like direct downloads from online accounts, custom check printing, robust data export and iPhone sync.
"As the Mac market has expanded, so has the number of iBank users," says iBank's developer, IGG president Ian Gillespie. "But their expectations for great software have risen as well. In creating iBank 4, we had a very specific goal in mind. We wanted iBank 4 to set, unmistakably, a new standard in personal finance management for the Mac."
Among dozens of new features and improvements in iBank 4 are:
* faster transaction entry and dynamic editing options in an intuitive, innovative two-line register;
* a seamless set-up assistant for transferring data from Mac and PC versions of Quicken, MS Money, or other finance programs;
* a streamlined set-up process for downloading transactions from online bank accounts;
* a cleaner, more accessible user interface for easy monitoring of account balances, net worth, or summaries of assets and liabilities;
* greatly upgraded investment tracking capabilities;
* more powerful support for multiple currencies;
* a more liberal 30-day unlimited trial for new users;
* and significant speed enhancements throughout.
Features that have been entirely revamped for iBank 4 include:
* An all-new reporting engine that, for example, lets users examine income and expenses by category, monitor net worth over time, check the performance of investments, analyze spending by payee, compile tax-related information or keep track of debt. Users can customize report data, generate graphs instantly, drill down into data with a click, save to PDF and print reports as they appear in iBank.
* A whole new approach to budgeting with envelopes. Users can drag and drop cash from income categories into envelopes representing different types of expenses; see at a glance how much money is available for a particular purchase; move cash between envelopes to balance out surpluses and shortfalls in different categories; carry over extra cash from month to month; and incorporate one-time expenses or bonuses into a budget.
* A new template system that merges the functionality of memorized transactions, scheduled transactions and smart import rules into one feature. iBank 4 records payees as they are typed in, autofills the same transaction details (including splits) later on, and records changes users make when they download data. iBank 4 learns how users clean up and categorize their imported transactions, and applies those changes to future downloads automatically. Schedules can also be added to templates so that transactions can be posted to users' accounts on a repeating basis.
iBank 4 can be downloaded from the IGG Software website, where there is also a link to a new set of "Getting Started" video tutorials. As well as the expanded 30-day free trial, iBank 4 comes with a 30-day unconditional guarantee and unlimited free support.
The retail price of iBank 4 is $59.99 (USD); licensed users of previous versions of iBank can upgrade for $29.99. iBank 4 requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher, and will run on Macs using either Intel or PowerPC processors.
iBank Mobile for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, sold separately via the iTunes App Store, offers mobile transaction entry for iBank and full sync via Wi-Fi, MobileMe or any WebDav server.
IGG Software, LLC, was founded in 2003 by developer Ian Gillespie to offer intuitive, elegant and powerful applications for individuals and small businesses. Based in Putney, Vermont, its flagship products are iBank, for personal finance management, and iBiz, for time-tracking and billing. For further information, review licenses, or to schedule interviews with Ian Gillespie or Chief Architect James Gillespie, please contact IGG Marketing Director Scott Marc Becker.