September 20, 2010 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Papillion, Nebraska - Searchware Solutions today announced the immediate availability of Print Window 4.1, the latest version of their highly acclaimed Finder window printing utility for Mac OS X. Print Window is a simple yet powerful tool to generate and print file/directory listings of the currently selected window or folder, giving users complete control over the way file listings work, what folders are listed and the final printed format.
Print Window works seamlessly with the Mac OS X Finder. Create and print a file listing directly from the Finder using several different methods, including a contextual menu item, the Dock menu, the Finder Serivces menu or using a keyboard shortcut. Users have complete control over what files and folders are printed and how those file listings appear.
Version 4.1 adds several new features:
* Added the option to print only folders and not any files contained in the folders
* Added the option to use QuickLook to generate icons for supported file types (Print Window Advanced Only)
* Added the option to bold names of folders in file listings
* Added services support for Mac OS X 10.6 or greater. A "Print File Listing..." option will appear in the Services menu in the Finder when a folder is selected
* Added an option, when using the "File" format, to use the full Unix path of a file in place of the name
* Revised progress window. Now takes less space and better differentiates different levels
* Now allows icon sizes up to 256x256 when using Names Only layout
Version 4.1 also addresses several issues in previous releases:
* When selecting "Print File Listing..." from the File menu, the select folder dialog now defaults to the currently displayed folder in the Finder (if any)
*The "Print"/"Save" button in the Print Options window is no longer enabled if none of the fields in the "Fields & Sorting" tab are selected
* Toolbar in Preferences window should now appear and behave correctly under Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
* Fixed a problem that could cause some controls to not respond in the Preferences window
* Fixed a problem that could cause the number of columns for the "Names Only" style when using the "Media Cover" format to default to "0"
* Fixed a problem where some bundled files would incorrectly appear in the "Manually Expand Folders" list in the Print Option window
* Fixed a problem that could cause the "Bring Finder to the Front after Launch" preference to not function correctly under Mac OS X 10.6.x
* Fixed a problem that could cause Print Window to not quit after a file listing is completed, even though "Quit when Printing is Complete" is selected in the Preferences window
Print Window 4.1 is a free update for registered users of Print Window Advanced Edition Version 4.0 through 4.0.2. Searchware Solutions recommends all users of Print Window 4.0.x update to Version 4.1.
Print Window is available in two versions: Standard and Advanced. Both versions are available from within the same application. When first installed and launched, Print Window will operate in Advanced mode for 30 days. After 30 days, Print Window will revert to Standard mode until the user purchases a license.
Print Window Advanced allows users to create CD jewel case and DVD case covers from file listings, as well as save them as tab-delimited text and Microsoft Excel files. Advanced users can also generate listings of thumbnails of folders of pictures.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Print Window Standard Edition is free for unlimited use. Print Window Advanced Edition is $20 (USD) per user. Volume licensing is available: $130 for a 10 user/single-site license (a 35% savings) and $1000 for an Unlimited Worldwide License.
Headquartered in Papillion, Nebraska, Searchware Solutions was founded by Scott Crick in 1998 with a focus on providing quality Mac OS products with development based on customer feedback. Copyright 2007-2010 Searchware Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.