September 20, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - essency today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Awareness! The Headphone App 1.1 for iOS. Awareness allows users to listen to their music with complete peace of mind, knowing that important sounds (warnings, shouts, sirens, alarms or conversations) won't be missed. It is a unique new class of functional headphone app.
Awareness! The Headphone App - 2.99 GBP / $4.99.USD
* V1.1 available now from the Apple App Store globally
* A unique new class of functional headphone app
* Connects iPhone's microphone to iPhone headphones
* For iPhone and iPod touch - coming to iPad and Android
* New and noteworthy on the US App Store
With increasing numbers of people using in-ear and closed headphones, there are serious safety issues caused by their isolation from the world around them.
This leads to recent headlines like;
* Teen killed by car while wearing headphones
* Headphone Wearing Jogger Killed By Plane
* Teacher killed by tram while listening to headphones
Awareness! solves these problems, allowing users to listen to their music at whatever volume they choose but, able to remain fully WORLD AWARE. It's the essential app for music listening pedestrians, drivers, cyclists and bikers who need audio awareness for safety's sake. Awareness, allows users to listen to their music with complete peace of mind, knowing that important sounds (warnings, shouts, sirens, alarms or conversations) wont be missed.
* Be safe on the streets
* Avoid headphone related accidents
* Banish headphone oblivion
Awareness! uses the built-in microphone on the iPhone and iPod Touch to make headphones better and more practical to use. Users can hear whats going on around them, while they're listening to music and they can set precisely the amount and type of external sound they want delivered into their headphone mix.
* Bleed in audio spatial awareness
* Auto-set microphone trigger level
* Allow warnings to break through even the loudest music
* Fully auto or fully manual
"If you are on a bike and lost in your music, Awareness! will let you hear that truck horn before it's too late. If you are on a train, Awareness! will let you hear the next station announcement before you shoot past. Even in the office Awareness lets you listen to your music, yet hear when someone talks to you"
"Set-it and then forget-it, until you need to hear what's happening around you!"
* Maintain spatial audio awareness for better safety in any surrounding
* Use while travelling, in the office, at home
* Use anywhere headphones or earphones are used
* Use with music, videos, games and audio books.
* True iOS4 multi tasking app built to work on iPhone4, 3GS, and iPod touch*
* Connects iPhone's microphone to your headphones
* Classic VU display, intuitive and easy to use
* Microphone autoset, analyses ambient sound levels and automatically
* Sets a microphone trigger level to exclude everyday background noise
* Vibrate only warning function
* Works with all headphones headsets and earphones
* Including closed, on-ear, in-ear, noise isolating and noise-canceling
* NOTE Headset with microphone required for iPod touch 3G and before
Coming Soon - there will be regular free updates, including full versions of new features such as "Ducking" which turns down your music when. someone talks to you.
Bluetooth - Awareness is not designed for or tested on Bluetooth or any other wireless headphones - yet! - watch this space for an In-App upgrade.
* iPhone4 or 3GS
* iPod touch 4 and iPod touch 3 with headset
* Will NOT work on iPhone 3G
* Will NOT work with wireless or Bluetooth headsets (Yet)
* 0.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Awareness! The Headphone App 1.1 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in London, United Kingdom, essency was formed in 2009, the result of a collaboration between experienced sound recording engineers, programmers and musicians. essency co-founders Alex and Antony share a passion for technology and music making that spans over 25 years. This is the first release in a trio of initial Apps by essency, designed to enhance the usefulness and usability of music playing devices such as the iPhone and iPod touch. Copyright (C) 2010 essency. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.