September 21, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Award-winning independent children's app developer Duck Duck Moose today announced the launch of Park Math 1.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch. Park Math introduces early math concepts to children in Preschool and Kindergarten (ages 1-6). As children play with Blue Bear and his friends on the playground, Park Math teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting and more.
Park Math includes 7 fun educational activities that will engage children:
1) Swing: Numbers - Count up to 50 as a rabbit swings
2) Slide: Addition - Help ducks climb to the top of a slide and learn how to add
3) Seesaw: Greater Than / Less Than - Balance a seesaw by adding and subtracting mice
4) Apple Tree: Subtraction - Learn how to subtract as apples fall from a tree
5) Sandbox: Patterns - Complete the pattern in a sandbox with the correct toy
6) Bench: Sorting - Order the dogs from small to large. Order numbers in sequence
7) Picnic: Counting - Feed a hippo the correct number of food items
Park Math includes 2 levels for Preschool and Kindergarten. Level 1 includes counting up to 20 and addition/subtraction with numbers up to 5. Level 2 includes counting up to 50 and addition/subtraction with numbers up to 10. The iPad version, Park Math HD, will be released shortly, and will include a third level for First Grade with counting up to 100 and addition/subtraction with numbers up to 20. Instrumental music recorded especially for this app with cello and guitar includes popular nursery rhymes: This Old Man, Skip to My Lou, Five Little Ducks, The Muffin Man, and Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 13.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Park Math 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Duck Duck Moose is an award-winning creator of educational children's applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It was founded in 2008 by three friends who are parents themselves, and share a passion for children, music, education, design, and play. Duck Duck Moose's top-selling iPhone apps include: Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Fish School, and Baa Baa Black Sheep. Wheels on the Bus won the KAPi Award for "Best Children's App" at the 2010 International CES and was featured as one of The New York Times' "Best iPhone Apps for Kids." All five of the company's products have won the Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design, and three have won the Parents' Choice Gold Award. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Duck Duck Moose. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.